Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music system - X type 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Music system - X type 2007

hi guys
pls advise, im planning to upgrade/change the existing music system provided to touch panel, USB playback,mp3,dvd...
any recommendations??
any suggestion, i shudnt do it?

Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

G'Day Addiction3311

Sounds like your going to do the same thing as me.
I assume that you have an X-Type according to your dp?

If your just going to change the headdeck your going to need the facia surround to put in the new headdeck. There's this one on Ebay which has the electrical connectors adapter and antenna adapter

Jaguar X Type Fascia Facia Aerial Panel Surround Adaptor ...

As far as headdecks goes there's a few out there which won't blow the budget. These are both double din touchscreens which are pretty top of their game for the prices they come at. Honestly you could easily spend over $1,000 for similar systems.

Sony XAV-601BT (or -701BT) ~ $600 for the 601BT
Pioneer AVH-P8400BH ~ $500

Personally I'm going for the Sony because it gives you mirrorlink technology allowing you to link up your phone straight to the display of the headdeck

Last edited by lancervi50; 09-13-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 AM

Thanks a lot lance, for the detailed info.
Let me explore and discuss with my mechanic/technician.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:40 AM

Not a problem addiction, just PM me if you have any questions

Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Nav
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lancer does that kit allow you to retain the use of the steering wheel controls for volume etc?

Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Nav

also, hows the fitment back there with the sony or pioneer double din deck? last i read the there is something in the space that prevents certain sized head units from sliding all the way back and being flush with the fascia. did you had a problem with that for your install?

Old 09-18-2012, 06:46 AM

Hi there Nav,

Good questions your putting out. To be honest I have not yet done this installation on my car as I am still saving up some money and time for it :/ However I have done mammoth amounts of research.

My car does not come with the steering wheel controls but I think you would need another adapter which I have linked PC99-X47 Jaguar X Type Stalk Adaptor Steering Radio Control + Free Patch Lead | eBay

Not too sure what exact cables you would need to patch into though, but the company selling them is quite happy for anyone to contact them in regards to any questions so give it a try.

With the space behind the double din headdeck I've seen numerous photos of X-Types with the double din modification and they all seem to come out just a little bit, but not a huge difference that makes it ugly:
http://www.carstereo.com/images/clas...s/IMG_0474.JPG
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ls-9395/page9/
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0018_large.jpg

Also this youtube video is A MUST if you are going to attempt this job, it shows you all the steps you need.

Again any questions just let me know

Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Nav

amazing. thanks so much lancer. are you planning to install an amplifier and woofers as well? or just the head unit.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 AM

Hey Nav,

I was planning on installing an amplifier and subwoofer in the boot as well (I was actually going to take out the right boot panel and fit them in their using some woodwork) but I thought against it as it will add more weight to the car that I dont want. And of course my girlfriend who's in the car pretty much 90% doesn't like loud music

So hence all I have planned is just the factory speaker and head deck upgrade and add another two speakers in the parcel shelf.

Let me know if your looking at installing the amplifier and sub woofer yourself I've already looked up everything that you will need for it

Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 AM

hey guys
i did deliberate with my technican *** mechanic and was strongly advised not to change the head units; perhaps it may lead to many other wiring complications and blah blah....
guess what i ignored his suggestion and approached someone who knows what one has to do...
meanwhile i have gone ahead and got a DC splitter, which allows me to connect 3 separate units (gadgets) via DC adpater ( cigarette liighter)
1) I have my car airpurifier/ioniser (Sharp made)
2) using my MP3 player; which playbacks via FM transmitter
3) using my bberry charger

ill post some pics later today, it looks very neat and solved my purpose of listening to MP3 format songs.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Guys.

Good looking mod.

I have a problem with my radio. It keeps locking up the controls. The radio just keeps going to mute. When you touch the controls, it will return for a few seconds, then mute again. Sometimes all of the radio/cd controls lock up.

My question: is there a controller for the steering controls, or do they just all plug into the head unit?
Is there anything that has to be done in the trunk for the controls (I know there is a place for the hands free in the trunk...)
Lastly, how much do you want for your old radio? ;-)

Old 09-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Hey addiction
Good work!
I'm in a similar situation at the moment which is probably why I haven't been so hasty with getting a head deck. There's a tape cassette adapter which goes into your tape deck as normal but it was an aux wire coming out of it which I just plug into my phone and listen to music from there
In addition I have a tablet as well which fits perfectly into a dip on the glove box door when you open it which I use as a GPS. I'll post up some pics soon too.

Hey chopper, I'm not too sure what the problem could be, are you saying that you are looking for steering wheel controls for the radio?

Old 09-23-2012, 12:59 AM

Hey Lance
check out these pics, im satisfied with what I opted to do, instead of getting the head unit completely changed.

Share UR tablet pics, ill try to find out something similar with gPS for myself too

Last edited by addiction3311; 09-23-2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: correct - pic URL