X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My jaguar X-Type moves along in 1st gear too fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Topanga
To answer your questions. Yes when the problem occurs, then it is a problem as car goes round right angle corners too fast. So it is dangerous. The changing down of gears was for a test that other forum members asked me to do to show problem, but at the time i recorded, the issue wasn't there.
I have no expertise in Jags or Desiel but having been driving for around 40 years, I do know something is not right but just can't pinpoint what it is. Yes I agree many garages will want to part me and my money but that the same in most industries. I think I'm going to look for a mobile mechanic who I can talk to properly and see what that brings.
Thanks for the input.

Appreciated

Old 04-20-2017, 03:00 AM
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Default JAYMO

Hi Jaymo.

Interested to know if you sorted this!

Old 04-20-2017, 05:59 AM
Default X-type moves too fast after moving to 2nd gear

Dunks

No I haven't resolved it. i have had 3 different places look at it but they are unsure of what problem is or how to resolve it. For the moment I'm just going to put up with it until I can find a good mechanic that will be able to spend more time with it. The trouble with garages is that they will drive it round the block and condition may not present itself. It's a bit like booking appointment with doctors for a pain you have but on the day of visit the pain is not there.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Jaymo,

You still haven't answered the basic question asked above. Nobody, including the best mechanic, will be able to help until you do.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Default Really

So the best of mechanics wouldent be able to drive my car and discover my fault if it's showing itself. Really?
I find that hard to believe.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I'm baffled as to why you don't just answer the question- if you're actually looking for help from people here.

If the fault were present when the mechanic were on board he could answer the same question himself.