X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nearing completion and a pic of the rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nearing completion and a pic of the rims!!!

So yeah here are my rims...Here's the other...

Funny part is I'm not supposed to be mad when I'd hear it how me hitting a pot hole was my fault because I was going too fast or riding someone so close that I couldn't see the road ahead and yet she hits a pot hole that ruins both rims and tires and even cracks the front bumper and inner fender wall and yet that is supposed to be ok and I'm not supposed to be upset? I should be happy she is safe??? Ok I'm happy she's safe otherwise I wouldn't be on here talking to you guys...man I love how wowen flip everything on us and the second we flip it on them were being too aggressive or mean or....[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

What should I do guys there were about 8 other cars on the side of the road from the same pot hole and the road commission was there before I could get there...mind you this is minutes after it happened to her...man this sucks! I should have been in texas or getting ready to leave tuesday but its been postponed...I blame it on her work! You all have no idea what i'm talking about!

BTW sorry for the sucky pics I didn't have my camera and it was dark so the phone had to do...I'll fix that tomorrow in the morning...and for some reason the pics still stay huge...I downsized them too...

Old 02-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mofoing Michigan roads suck!

OMFG!! That sucks man. And I was just watching a short video on weather.com that indicated that in chicago this year, there have been over 6000 complaints on potholes! Last year at this time there were only 1xx complaints. lol Stupid freeze/thaw cycles. Here its been like 2* out one day and 40 the next and 15 out the day after.

Roads here suck!! I've never seen them this bad in my whole (short) driving career. I'm like trying to dodge as many as possible. But there are some I am forced to run over cause they are too big to dodge and there is a car next to me in the adjacent lane.

It sucks even more with aftermarket rims. Good luck going about fixing it. I have no experience on this so I would like to know what to do also. Keep us updated.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:56 AM

I feel for you I am across the border in Ontario it is just as bad here!!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

You can definitly go after whoever is supposed to maintain the roads. I had a 2004 XJ once that was parked on a sewer grate and the grate collapsed. The city paid for all the damage to the vehicle.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:39 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Holy Crap!..Sorry to see that Aquill..I was born and lived for 10 years in Bay City/Essexville, and I can remember my Dad always bitching about how bad his cars got beat up in the winters.
Good luck, I Hope you can get a settlement from the city/county.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah me too! Actually bo what you see there is a very crappy rim that has little if any resistance to corrosion. I mean I hate those rims but that wasn't the way I wanted to part with them by any means, I was hoping to buy a used set for say 400-700 bucks and sell that set for like 200 and make up some of the difference. The sad part is I actually get a lot of compliments about the wheels but I've always hated them. I'd rather have the aruba's by far.

The funny part about the whole thing was that the whole entire time from 9-1am that we were sitting there waiting for a tow truck and my wife was watching all the other people being towed the only cop that was there was one that showed up 10 minutes after it happened to block the pothole in the middle of the freeway at night so that the road commission could fill the hole! The cops didn't come to the help or anything of the people. After we were sitting there until about 12:50 an auburn hills police officer pulled up and I told her we were waiting for a tow truck, she replies "was it for that pot hole?" I was like yeah were working on our 3rd different one but he's on his way....its funny because they knew about it! I'm going to check into a lot of different things and I'll keep you all filled in...as well as getting some better pics...

Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. Maybe you should get some nice forged rims this time? I'm not talking about the forged HRE/Iforged stuff. Those things are sooooo soft. I'm talking about the BBS LM etc. type forged rims. Those are really strong.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this in the Headcount section first. seeing these pictures here just makes my stomach turn. As I mentioned in the other post look at wheelcollision.com for some inexpensive reconditioned rims. Might find something of use there. I feel for you though, I grew up in New York State (Rochester) and the winter weather was sometimes hellish; along with the roads.

Peace,
Tom

PS. 63 degrees and sunny in Phoenix

Old 02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tip, at this point not sure whether i'm going to claim it on my insurance or what. I have to wait to talk to my insurance company as the local branch isn't open until tomorrow. Either way road commission is my first call tomorrow morning! I'll keep you guys updated for sure!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  6.4 KB

Make sure you got plenty of pics Aquill, Police reports, witness statements if possible and claim the local govt dept who's responsibility it is to maintain those roads.
You probably won't get it but try claiming for loss of earnings, inconvenience etc etc....you never know?
You might at least get a nice set of shiny new rims for the X.

Good luck

Jim

Old 02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh..Once you get your new wheels and tires...Be sure to get the wheel alignment checked too.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah I'll have to, in order to protect the tire wear! A hit that hard had to do something else! No police report though but the lady cop that stopped knew why we were stopped before I said why! I just told her we were waiting for the tow truck and she says from the pothole! THe best part is that part of the freeway is about a year or 2 old at most!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM

BO I am located in Windsor and drive those damn Michigan Roads almost every day.

Cannot say I enjoy them!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

OK little update...mdot sent me a packet I had to fill out and says they have 90 days to respond. I called the lady that sent its number and she basically said I'm screwed and they aren't going to refund a dime. She was extemely helpful![:@]

So I decide to make a claim on my insurance...I went to the collision shop and they say that they are going to measure the tread on the tires and than prorate the amount that I pay to replace the tires. As for the rims they will find the closest rim to what i have and either replace the 2 (WTF how do they get away with that?) or i can get the money for the 2 rims. So basically I wasted even making a claim on my insurance! We shall see I called state farm and they said I can cancel whenever and not make the claim which may happen. I'd rather buy that one set of 18's I made a post about, which I probably will end up doing.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,146 Likes on 752 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

I'd rather buy that one set of 18's I made a post about, which I probably will end up doing.
Which ones are you talking about? curious to see

[sm=grinangel.gif] <cue the angels singing and heavenly music> AQ, it's a sign from above you cannot deny.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

They aren't anything special...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,146 Likes on 752 Posts

Thought you liked the 5-spoke? Those are pretty sharp though. With the exception of the curved parts on your current rims, they do sorta look like your old ones. Better, but similar...like 2nd cousins or something.

Quick Reply: Nearing completion and a pic of the rims!!!