Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Need help!

so, let me get this correct... the guys that fixed your shifter broke your lcd screen? don't you think they owe you a new screen?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

ORIGINAL: geirgunnar

Can you please respond and tell me what would be the best way for me to get these things.

Thank you.

With a firm demand for this repair shop to fix what they broke. If that doesn't work might I suggest a baseball bat.

I can't quite pinpoint your problem(s) based on your post, it is a little muddy as to what is happening exactly.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

6months?!?!?...not to be disrespectful, but are you crazy????...After 6 days, I would have been raising holy hell..[:@]
Don't know what to tell you, except find a different repair facility..Do you have any warranty left.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

That's scary. How about a Jag dealer in a nearby country...where are you located?

Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

My friend, it sounds to me like you are getting hosed. If you are out of options to get the repair (and I use that term loosly) facility to correct the mistakes they made, the it would be best to break all ties and not throw good money over bad and continue to deal with them.

Ebay may have what you need, or call a reputable Jaguar parts place like Coventry West or Jagbits.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

I can see your dealer problem then. Tough one bud.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the place that broke it.Goat around midnight with an ice pick. Insert it firmly into the tires of all the cars on the lot....be careful not to be detected. Just kidding of course, but are you kidding???

Old 12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They do have a court system in Iceland don't they????[/align]Get an attorney and sue them for your costs to repair, your attorney fees and[/align]whatever it cost you for whatever you were driving for the 6 months you were getting jerked around[/align]from the way you describe the situation, it sounds like they have you convinced that this [/align]problem was your fault?????????[/align][/align]Stop playing games with them and get serious [/align]

Old 12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: geirgunnar

That would be fair. They took the car last year and they disconnected the electronic stuff so they needed to get a code to get the car started again, and they had the car for about 6 months and about a week after we got it back the monitor got broken and now there comes every ones in a while clicks when you push down on the break And worst of all is that they billed me about 5.000 dollars
So did the monitor actually crack while you had the car? If you broke the lcd screen it will more than likely be your problem. Ebay is a good source to help fix things. I'm not for sure what would be needed to correspond to your particular car for the navigation to work properly. I'd imagine worse came to worse just get a new head unit and not use the navigation feature to give you directions. I'm not too framiliar with how the navigation discs work whether you can just slap an Iceland disc in the factory unit and it tells you where to go or if they are specific units for your car in your country...I know (as it sounds like you know) that a dealer/service facility has to get the radio to work properly by using the code so even when you do find one they will have to get use the code to get it to work in your car.