X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with inerior

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need help with inerior

Please guys, I need some opinion and some help on how to fix this (pictures).

Attached Thumbnails need help with inerior-jaguar-008.jpg   need help with inerior-jaguar-009.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Find a good interior guy....they can repair most anything from leather to vinyl, rubber, etc.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

The glove box is going to be pretty easy. All that is needed is to get some paint that matches the interior of your vehicle (can be picked up at automotive paint shops, not your neighborhood auto parts store) and then you pull the glove box off and paint it. I would recommend using an air brush as that will apply a much thinner coat of paint and it will keep the texture of the glove box present. you will need to walk into the paint store with your interior color code. Look in the driver's door jam and you will find the 2-3 character code for the interior (INT CLR as I recall, the code will be directly under it). That tells the paint shop exactly what tints need to go into the paint. Stand by for a hefty price though. The last time I was quoted a price, it was like $100 for a pint can. But the pint can is enough to do pretty much the entire interior of your car.

As for the center console piece, talk with an interior place. They should be able to hook you up. I'm sure they have the necessary stuff to fix something like that. What it will cost, I have no idea.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:42 PM

ok, thanks guys your are the best( like this forrrrrrrrrummmmmmm>

Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Man, what spilled in that center console? Something you might be able to do is find a piece of rubber and cut in the shape of that area and cover it up. They sell stuff for like on the dash so things don't slide off. Might be a cheap and quick way to hide it and still look good.

What are those seat covers you have? That little piece visible looks kind of interesting

Old 01-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you flake off that bulging paint on the console? If so, you may be able to just sponge a couple layers of matched up paint once that is off. Same with the glove box. There's a guy on ebay that I purchased interior paint from, he matched up the interior code for mine (Ivory), and it was an almost perfect match for the seats and you can also use it on interior.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jagua...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-18-2010, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by queensnewbie
Can you flake off that bulging paint on the console? If so, you may be able to just sponge a couple layers of matched up paint once that is off. Same with the glove box. There's a guy on ebay that I purchased interior paint from, he matched up the interior code for mine (Ivory), and it was an almost perfect match for the seats and you can also use it on interior.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jagua...Q5fAccessories
HMMM , I will definitely go with that guy on Ebay, thanks a lot.

and I did not spill anything. That is from that DESODORANTE like a tree, I just left there and forgot for that peace of s*** after a couple days I was cleaning my car and I decided to throw that in the garbage. When I picked that up from the middle console, I saw that freaken bulge. Think from maybe 35c made some damage on my kitty.

Last edited by tony; 01-18-2010 at 12:09 AM.