X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!! Propshaft problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!! Propshaft problem! Jaguar x-type

Hi, I think I have problems with the prop shaft. I have a jaguar x-type 2.5 four-wheel drive v6 2001. and now to the problem. powerful vibration when driving 100-110 km per hour and if I increase the speed to 120-130 km, vibration disappears slowly, but extremely little vibrations are still there. If I release the gas, they will disappear if I have it in free mode, but if I have them in gear and engine brakes, it's just as powerful vibration. I brake and push down the clutch so that disappears. I have gear in and drive 110km and gas and let go of the gas so you feel the vibrations. I have no vibrations below 100km. only if I accelerate quickly and quickly with the switches otherwise no vibrations. I feel these vibration in the wheel, car seat, middle of the car and they feel behind too. what do you think it's for something? I'm going to change tires but do not really think that's the problem. one thing till i have changed center bearing on propshaft and still no difference .. please help me and give me tips on a cheap jaguar page where i can buy jaguar parts cheaply !!

Old 11-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

If you have already changed the carrier bearing then I would start looking at the transfer case. Is there any play and movement? Does it have oil?

Old 11-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No play and movement and i have a new oil to aswell buy it cant be transfer case How can you be so sure?