X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Transfer Case Question, Please and Thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Transfer Case Question, Please and Thank you!

Hello Friends,

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I am a new member in need of some advice.

I really have two questions:

Before I ask I will tell you what I do know. I am aware of the viscous verses other issues with the 03 and 04 models and I understand the impact that has on your traction control. What I don't know is,

1, Will a Transfer Case for a 2.5 Liter Motor work for my 3.0?

2, Do any of you have one that you would be willing to sell and me?

I have seen them all over ebay and other places for 175-600; plus everything from zero cost shipping to a hundred dollars shipping, so finding one is not a problem, But If someone on here helps me with knowledge, I would be grateful and rather reciprocate by buying from a forum member that I could help as opposed to a stranger.

If I should post this in other places on the forum please let me know, I do not want to break any rules or violate any protocol. Really glad to have found this site and I want to be a good citizen.

Thank you very much for your help! Kind regards and God Bless!!

Sincerely,

Old 12-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

First, the 2.5 and the 3.0 are the same. Second, call or text Drdome a forum member 484-903-4813. He parts out x-types and can probably fix you up.
Tell him Vern said Hi.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Jackson
Hello Friends,

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I am a new member in need of some advice.

I really have two questions:

Before I ask I will tell you what I do know. I am aware of the viscous verses other issues with the 03 and 04 models and I understand the impact that has on your traction control. What I don't know is,

1, Will a Transfer Case for a 2.5 Liter Motor work for my 3.0?

2, Do any of you have one that you would be willing to sell and me?

I have seen them all over ebay and other places for 175-600; plus everything from zero cost shipping to a hundred dollars shipping, so finding one is not a problem, But If someone on here helps me with knowledge, I would be grateful and rather reciprocate by buying from a forum member that I could help as opposed to a stranger.

If I should post this in other places on the forum please let me know, I do not want to break any rules or violate any protocol. Really glad to have found this site and I want to be a good citizen.

Thank you very much for your help! Kind regards and God Bless!!

Sincerely,
Tom, welcome to the forums. You will find a lot of friendly, helpful people on here with a wealth of knowledge.

I see you have a 2007. By then the transfer cases were pretty well sorted. Can you tell us what happened to your transfer case that you want to replace it? Are you sure it is bad? Have you changed the fluid in it?