Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a live feed ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a live feed ??

Hi Guys ...

I need a live lead so I can hard wire my Dab converter and my speed camera detector , do any of you know if I can take it from the ignition barrel as that`s easy to get to , and possibly what colour wire should I look for ..

Both the units have in line fuses so shouldn`t need to connect to the fuse box ....

Cheers

Old 02-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by rht54
Hi Guys ...

I need a live lead so I can hard wire my Dab converter and my speed camera detector , do any of you know if I can take it from the ignition barrel as that`s easy to get to , and possibly what colour wire should I look for ..

Both the units have in line fuses so shouldn`t need to connect to the fuse box ....

Cheers
Where are you mounting it?
Plenty of lives in the overhead console or down behind the ashtray, glovebox switch.
Best to go near where you are installing.
Personally i would not go from ignition

Old 02-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

Easiest tap is the cigarette lighter; if you look at the fusebox, you will see that the fuse can be put in in TWO ways; one is tied to the ignition hot, so the lighter will be dead when the car is off, the other is for full-time "on". There is a blade right next to the fuse socket that can be used to access the live feed. Be sure to fuse the tap, as well.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:38 AM

Thanks for that , I tagged on to the live feed on the back of the ciggie lighter today and it seems ok ....
Gonna need another feed for my speed camera detector any idea`s ? ....

Old 02-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by wa3ra
.... if you look at the fusebox, you will see that the fuse can be put in in TWO ways; one is tied to the ignition hot, so the lighter will be dead when the car is off, the other is for full-time "on". There is a blade right next to the fuse socket that can be used to access the live feed. Be sure to fuse the tap, as well.
True, but be aware that this is only for pre MY2004.25 when the electrical system had a major update and this arrangement was discontinued! The cigarette lighter can now only be a switched supply that fortunately is what rht54 wants in his 2008 model.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Default Switched feed in the boot ?

Hi guys...
Anyone know the colour of a switched feed in the boot , I have the sovereign with the sat nav and multi changer and I need a switched live feed for my DAB converter ,any ideas ....
There are so many wires going into the sat/changer just not to sure where to tap into .....
Cheers