X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Good Advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Good Advise

I've had my Jag for a month now runs great, I would like to know if I should get the transmission fluid changed matter of fact all fluid changed. I going to get the oil changed in 2 weeks , also I've heard that whislting noise a coupling of times if has gotten cold by reading other posts said this happens. Need some help where do I start and how long can I go with the noise? I live in the Chicago area whats the cheapest price for oil change? Should I use 93 gas? I been using 87 seems ok. I have a 08 X-Type 3.0 AWD. I has 42,000 on it now. Bought it at 39,000. Please give me your advise you guys helped me very well with my brakes thanks again.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>08 X-Type 3.0 AWD. I has 42,000 on it now. Bought it at 39,000

That's real late with relatively few miles so I wouldn't be too concerned about the transmission or transfer case fluid since both are "sealed for life"...
They really don't need to be worried about until ~80K miles and even then usually not.

Noise when cold is common and seems to be related to the prop-shaft center bearing, which is right under the floor between the front seats. Shouldn't be a problem with the age/mileage of your car.

My advise is to always use premium gas and to change oil/filter every 7500mi with full synth (I use Mobil 1 others differ). Change the engine air filter as well as the cabin air filter and make sure to vacuum any "gunk" that my have gotten sucked into the cabin air filter box right under the windshield wipers. It can block the drain and allow rain/AC condensate to leak into the passenger side (ask be how I know about that one... =:-0)

Contact a Jaguar dealer and make sure that all recalls have been done, I'm not sure how many there have been, but still...

Have the front and rear alignment checked. The bushings on the rear control arms wear out and the rear goes out of alignment. Also, the bushings on the front sway bar do the same. If the car has been parked outside in Chicago since new they could be needing attention.

Also check to see if the headlights are focused well. The headlight adjusters are very prone to failing and when they do the headlights end up pointing in crazy directions. There have been numerous posting to this list about that.

But, seriously with the age and mileage of that car I would doubt that you will be experiencing many of these problems for quite some time.

We're all very jealous that you found one that new with such low mileage!
Congrats!
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

The following 2 users liked this post by pab:
antpetergunn (01-06-2013), Lcgi (01-04-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Pab this site is the very best! I will get those things done very soon also should I tell the dealer to use synth oil? Thanks again. Funny though when I went to get the a car I was trying to get a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium and they couldn't get me financed so I had to choose between a 2012 Focus or the Jag I guess it just was meant for me to have one I always loved these cars never thought I could own one.