X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help plz...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help plz...

I have an 06 jaguar x type base and recently a hose actually broke off of the top of my coolant reservoir tank (the plastic male nipple broke of where the hose attaches). I've ordered a oem replacement and took the other tank off already but i noticed back behind where the hose burst, another wire (plastic) broke off of the back of the INTAKE MANIFOLD. I dont know what the wire is and cant find a diagram to find a part number.

The wire/tiny hose comes off of the back and right side of the intake manifold itself and runs to the front of the car which looks like a type of air sensor maybe...close to the front of the manifold. The hose that broke is ORANGE with a black platic heat protector on it. Ill try and get a picture up as soon as possible.

Does anyone know what this is and how i can replace it please.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Diezel, there are a few vacuum hoses that run around the back of the intake manifold. Please ost a picture and maybe we can figure out what you are talking about. Right now, I am drawing a blank as to what you are talking about.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Default some pictures

I attempted to get the hose in the photographs. The first is where the hose broke from the intake manifold. Second is where it connects at the other end to the "sensor". Third is the location of the wire itself.

Attached Thumbnails Need some help plz...-hose.jpg   Need some help plz...-hose2.jpg   Need some help plz...-hose3.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

Thats a fuel sensor... check for a sticker at the front of your car when you raise the hood, there should be a diagram of your vacuum system and it says which one that is exactly.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Default more photographs...

Thanks for your feedback Blaydes. I took a picture of the diagram you noted to look for, and it appears its the "fuel rail pressure sensor" wire/hose leading into the intake manifold.

I included a couple other photo's to show the location a little more clearly just to be sure.

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix or if it will take some looking to find a oem replacement hose and have to remove the intake manifold....etc.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Attached Thumbnails Need some help plz...-p1.jpg   Need some help plz...-p2.jpg   Need some help plz...-p3.jpg   Need some help plz...-p4.jpg   Need some help plz...-p5.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
blaydes99 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice work Bigdiezal, that's the exact diagram. Thanks for the pics, as a picture is worth 1,000 words.

For the fix, since it is a vacuum hose, as long as you can maintain a tight seal it will work. You can try a combination of super glue + heat shrink or even some tight fitting rubber tubing that you can clamp on the ends, etc. but if the price of a new one isn't too high you might as well order a new one.

And no, there's no need to take off the manifold. Just pull that plug out of the back of the manifold and unclip it carefully from the other side where it connects to the sensor and you can replace it the same way, in reverse order.

The following users liked this post:
Bigdiezel407 (07-02-2013)