X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with problem with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with problem with turn signals

I have an 02 x-type in the shop right now. The turn signals, hazards, and brights are inop. It continues to blow the 15 amp f25/gem fuse. Since this is the first time I've ever worked on a jaguar, I could really use some help on this one, and what better place than a jaguar forum! Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance for you're help and input. Jeff

Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

84hurst, first off, welcome to the forums. As I think you will find, there are some smart cookies around these parts and there isn't too many questions that won't get some sort of answer. But, we do ask that you introduce yourself in the "New Member" section. You will find we are a friendly bunch and like to get to know one another more than simply "hey all, look at my car". So, please stop by, tell us what makes you and your kitty tick. I think you will find this very beneficial.

As for your problem. I would first start with pulling all the bulbs out of the car and then seeing if the fuse still blows. As funny as it may sound, I have seen bulbs that have not been installed properly cause something like this. If the fuse still blows, then I would tell you to let me know as the problems become a lot more complicated at that point. I don't want to get into at this point as that problem is unlikely.

If you can install the fuse and not have it blow, then turn on the headlights with the low beams on. Starting at the back of the car, work your way around the car installing 1 bulb at a time. Check to make sure that the bulbs are still working (either by looking at the other bulbs or checking the fuse). Keep installing the bulbs one at a time until you either get a bulb to take out the lights (bad bulb base) or you get all the lights in. It will take a little bit of time, but it sure beats paying a tech to do the same thing.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply thermo! I disconnected the rear tail lights, replaced the fuse and the front lights/hazards and high beams started working again. The customer had to pick up the car before I could finish it but the ps side marker and front amber light are both not working so he's gonna bring it back on Monday. Gonna replace those bulbs and see why the rear signal bulb is a lot dimmer than the DS and go from there. I've never seen a couple bad bulbs blow fuses but I guess you never know! I will post back on Monday with results. Thanks again!