X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights

Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights

Not sure if you've seen these or not, but I just happened upon them on ebay. Looks like it could be a good option for our front (and rear) bumper lights. Anyone have them?

The following 2 users liked this post by Andahaion:
gotti15 (05-08-2012), mohrd (04-09-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the example on the listing the lights continue the chrome.

I would replace mine but since I have a Sport with no chrome- I'm not sure there's a point as they would both still stand out.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side Lamps

Just ordered a pair. Hope they fit the Estate. Will follow through once they arrive and are successfuly fitted. Had no problem with clear signal repeaters ordered from Europe.

Cheers,

Bruce

Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Those look really good with the chrome. Its about time somebody made some aftermarkets

Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look pretty good,Think they would fit darker coloured cars better than the usuall blackout effect...Hmmmm....damn it ordered.....just when i thought i was done.....they pull me back in.These will be going on the X

Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by IrishXtype
Those look pretty good,Think they would fit darker coloured cars better than the usuall blackout effect...Hmmmm....damn it ordered.....just when i thought i was done.....they pull me back in.These will be going on the X
Love the Godfather reference, so true.

I emailed the seller to inquire about bulbs which don't appear orange, but glow orange when turned on. Have not heard back.

The Adamesh turn indicator bulbs that are on my car's fender are covered in something called chromium (I believe). These are the clear lights closer to the doors which blink when turning. Does anyone know if there are bulbs on the market that I could use to replace that ones sold with these new front bumper marker lights?

UPDATE: Answered my own question. A quick internet search brought me to about a zillion chrome bulbs for sale. Most under $10/pair. The bulbs are size 194. Just search "chrome 194 bulbs" or something to that effect, and whammo.

Last edited by Andahaion; 04-03-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Answered my own question.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

if you have the clear turn light on fender i think these would look great. but i have the tinted markers. maybe they will make tinted soon. great find

Old 04-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by gragner66
if you have the clear turn light on fender i think these would look great. but i have the tinted markers. maybe they will make tinted soon. great find
Yes, I have the clear turn indicators on my fender and these bumper additions will look great next to those. Just ordered them and some of the chrome 194 amber bulbs. Cannot wait. Pics upon install. Giggity!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone know just how hard the instillation is? I don't want to remove the bumper to install them, but if it is easy, like the side markers, I'd go for them Thanks

Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by boobea
Anyone know just how hard the instillation is? I don't want to remove the bumper to install them, but if it is easy, like the side markers, I'd go for them Thanks
To my knowledge, it's just as easy as the turn indicators. Thermo has posted a few times on how to replace/change the bumper markers for folks looking to tint the lenses. The process he explained was very similar to the turn indicators. I'd trust that guy to know what he's talking about.

Getting very excited for when they arrive!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Great, but I still haven't the slightest idea of how to change the lenses..When you do it, ,please let me know how, and how hard it is Thanks

Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 PM

they pop out fairly easy. just push the corner end forward. they are spring loaded

Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM

New front markers arrived today. Install was easy. All you need to do is push/slide the old orange markers from the flat end of the light toward the pointed end of the light. This will allow you to get your fingers under the flat end of the light and pull it out. It pops right out.

Here are some pics of the before and after, I'm really happy with the end result. I did purchase chrome 194 amber bulbs to replace the orange bulbs that came with the new marker lights.

There was only one minor speed bump...when hooking up the new lights to the connector wire coming from the car I had to use a box cutter to shave down a bit of the new housing. There was a random little ridge that was preventing a proper seat with the car's connector. Otherwise, great new look. I did test them and they work perfectly.

What do you all think?

Attached Thumbnails New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-jag-marker-light-before.jpg   New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-jag-marker-light-after.jpg   New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-jag-marker-light-after-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Mark Scotton (05-29-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wowwwww so much better! It flows so nicely with the chrome

Old 04-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Someone finally manufactured these! I'm ordering today!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Looks like a few of you have purchased these over the last few days. More pictures and opinions on the quality, fit and finish as you get them, please!

I have a platinum Sport and the clear side repeaters blend in well. These might finally be just the ticket to replace those red and amber side markers. I would also think some LEDs to replace the 194 bulbs would look good as they would be clear until illuminated.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Mohrd,
Quality is about the same as the oem it replaced, as far as I can tell. The fit was spot on though, very tight and as it should be. The lights definitely need to be replaced as the orange bulbs that come with the package look ridiculous when installed. They stick out like crazy.

I'm pretty sure I'll also replace the red markers. And good idea on LEDs, I didn't even think to go that route. Would love some pics if you do LEDs. And, these new markers would look amazing on your color of car.

Overall it's just a very clean and modern look, definitely worth the $60 in my opinion.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 AM

Is there a clear or chrome bulb that burns red for the rear lights. Or are all you guys using amber in the rear too. I tried led on these before with stock lights and it was just a small bright spot. Didn't light the whole lens. But with the chrome back on the clears it should reflect better

Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Good question, I haven't found any chrome red 194 lights. Anyone else have any luck? If not, probably not converting the rear marker lights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights