X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

One more question. For you guys with the lights. Is the clear lens smooth. I was looking on sticker city.com at tints. I have yellow but thinking of getting smoke color to match my turn markers

Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had these on for a few months...look good but noticed after a car wash they get ALOT of condensation...wet....my rear red ones are hard to get out...in fact, theyre falling apart! @ gragner66...they are smooth...
All in all I like them...might take them out to see if I can seal them some how...I might get them for the rear and put in red bulbs...good idea

Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I've got the same issue

Originally Posted by JasonERF
In the example on the listing the lights continue the chrome.

I would replace mine but since I have a Sport with no chrome- I'm not sure there's a point as they would both still stand out.

I saw the one's on Ebay all well and good but the only chrome I have on the whole outside of the car is my leaper...I've gone the other route and ordered the tinted film for your tail lights you have to heat shrink it to fit but at least then I'll keep it blacked out.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

What kind or tint are you using. I have a sport as well and been looking at the tints on stickercity.com. Can you post some pics of yours

Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Default tint

Originally Posted by gragner66
What kind or tint are you using. I have a sport as well and been looking at the tints on stickercity.com. Can you post some pics of yours
I've ordered a sheet of tint from "xenon-hid-world" according to their instructions this is heatable to allow for the edges on the lights, not to mention that it was only $10 if it doesn't work I'm not out alot. I did have some leftover tint from the windows on my work truck and stuck it on to see what it looks like. WOW at night it's all black, during the day you can see a little of the red and orange. but it still looks good. unfortunately right now I can't take any pics of it my wife took my jag to school for the quarter, I'll get it back in about 2 weeks, for now I'm stuck driving her honda.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andahaion
Good question, I haven't found any chrome red 194 lights. Anyone else have any luck? If not, probably not converting the rear marker lights.
I'm planning on picking up a pair of amber & red LED's from V-LEDS.COM | LED Dome, Map, License Plate, Reverse, DRL, Turn Signal, Brake Lights. Great product and prices.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gotti15
I'm planning on picking up a pair of amber & red LED's from V-LEDS.COM | LED Dome, Map, License Plate, Reverse, DRL, Turn Signal, Brake Lights. Great product and prices.
Cheers mate! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lamp install

Mine arived today and it tool just minutes to install them. Rather than trim the original connector to fit, I used the original bulb holder and the new 'O' ring. Went together with no problems.

Cheers,

Bruce

Attached Thumbnails New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-002.jpg   New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-003-2-.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM

I'd say those are the cats pajamas, Bruce. Look great. And, I have good friends in Burnaby. Grew up in Olympia myself. Love it up there.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Soooo...I installed them front and back and even though I don't have the chrome bumper strips I think they look pretty good and go with the clear side indicators on the wings. Pictures are pretty crappy but i'll snap some in the daylight and when kitty is clean.

Here's the kicker. When i took out the old lights, three of the four were MELTED. The bulb holders showed no signs of heat but those little 194's had given off enough heat to melt the plastic. The right rear actually melted right through and broke on the way out. Anyone need just the lens? Right now I'm not going to put 194's back in as the clear lights are not the quality of the OEM.

Attached Thumbnails New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-clear-lights-001.jpg   New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-clear-lights-002.jpg   New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-clear-lights-003.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

man these look so much better, i just dont wanna pay $120

Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM

I actually need a Passenger side rear lense if anybody is willing to sell one???

Old 04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooky pantz
I actually need a Passenger side rear lense if anybody is willing to sell one???
PM sent

Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Default update

This is an update for those of you who have color matched molding not chrome. I didn't want to put the clear lights with chrome backing on my all black x, I ordered a film off ebay (I can get the seller info if anyone wants) its not like standard tint after putting it on you heat the edges to wrap the lights completely and it looks great, glossy and light still comes through. I plan on replacing the bulbs with LED's which will help too. The film comes in 12 colors if your interested this is the dark smoke color and for $10 I'm sold. I'm posting a before and after pic so you can see.

Attached Thumbnails New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-2012-01-14_16-48-07_371.jpg   New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights-imag0036.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM

Tight.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mortachi
The film comes in 12 colors if your interested this is the dark smoke color and for $10 I'm sold.
Would be very interested in the ebay site...
Also to be clear, you tinted over the OEM colored lights

BTW: Looks great

Gary

Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 PM

yes id like to know too, what other colors are offered?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Default tint

Ok so first yes the fild went over the factory marker lenses, you can see the color through the tint but its dim(I got the dark black color), thats why I'm going to get LED's. Second the seller that had 12 colors available is no longer selling other than smoke tint. The seller that I got this tint from has 7 colors (joohnkoo) (light black, dark black, golden yellow, green, red, blue, clear) its very easy to put on all 6 marker lights took me about an hour, I used a heat gun for the edges and razor to cut off the extra, nice tight fit and for $7 I got a 4ft by 1ft piece so I had loads extra in case I screwed it up. It does say it can be used for the taillights and headlights too, I might do the taillights but I'm leaving the headlights alone. This is not like standard window tint its more like that protective plastic layer that comes on the screen of a new cell phone.(very thick) but for $7 its hard to beat. Also it does come from Singapore but it came pretty quick maybe 10 days, I did try to find someone in the US selling this but all were very expensive or it didn't say you could heat and strech to fit. One last thing, if you don't have a heat gun you can you a torch or lighter just be careful it will burn and the plastic gets hot.

The following 2 users liked this post by mortachi:
Kota62 (05-02-2012), Mark Scotton (05-29-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the info!!

Old 05-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if they fit a 2007 XJ8? I really like the look of them.

Quick Reply: New Option for those Orange Bumper Lights