X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from front passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise from front passenger side

After no luck with finding any winter rims i decided to put on my winter rubbers on my existing rims for now. All is good however from the front passenger side i get a sound as if you were to put a paper clip into a pop can and roll it on its side. Weird huh? However it only happens from 5km/h to 40km/h after that gone and it happens every second third time i slow down to those speeds. Um hoping the tire guy didn't F**k anything up as um already furious and raged about the other noises we are all familiar with that our Xtypes make and in particular my car makes due to the cold weather (sooo annoyed of them cant ever get a quite ride from point A to B EVER!!! and not mentioning the bzzzzbuzzzbozzzz sound of that stupid air pump thing god i am fed up!) up here in alberta canada. Was just wondering if anybody had a clue what this could be?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

ALberta, canada, nice im from there too, and i thought it was only me who had these niose problems. Hmm is it possible that somethings rubbing against the rim, on the inside.??? just a thought

Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Shouldn't have to be taking your time but you need to go back and have them pull the wheel off. No sound before the tire change = probable something wasn't done right with the tire change.

We need to set up a Regional section for Alberta. You two and me and Tracus so far that I know of. Any other Albertans?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessy
After no luck with finding any winter rims i decided to put on my winter rubbers on my existing rims for now. All is good however from the front passenger side i get a sound as if you were to put a paper clip into a pop can and roll it on its side. Weird huh? However it only happens from 5km/h to 40km/h after that gone and it happens every second third time i slow down to those speeds. Um hoping the tire guy didn't F**k anything up as um already furious and raged about the other noises we are all familiar with that our Xtypes make and in particular my car makes due to the cold weather (sooo annoyed of them cant ever get a quite ride from point A to B EVER!!! and not mentioning the bzzzzbuzzzbozzzz sound of that stupid air pump thing god i am fed up!) up here in alberta canada. Was just wondering if anybody had a clue what this could be?
Your noise should be fairly easy to diagnose....take the car back to the tire mount guy and ask him to put the car up on the lift. Leave transmission in neutral and hand spin both right side wheels and see if noise is there. I would suspect he might have bent one of the brake rotor tin shields and it is scraping on the rotor. Good luck.