X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change on 2010 x type diesel dpf auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oil change on 2010 x type diesel dpf auto

I have just done a 5000 mile oil change on my x type as the service required message appeared on my dash. I have refilled the oil to halfway up the dipstick but i cant seem to clear the service message it only stays on for a couple of seconds but the usual hold reset turn ignition on press trip button doesent reset it unless im doing it wrong. Can anyone help ??

Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

1. Insert key into ignition barrel.
2. Press and hold the Reset switch (located on the Trip Computer Switch pack).
3. NOTE: The reset switch has to be released immediately after the ignition is switched 'ON'. This is criticalto enable the rest of the procedure.
Turn the key to Ignition position II and at the point of entering Ignitionposition II (i.e. when a click is heard), instantaneously release the Reset switch.
4. Wait one second.
5. Press and hold the Trip switch (located on the end of the left-hand sidestalk).
6. Wait one second.
7. Press and hold the Reset switch (whilst still holding the Trip switch).
8. The cluster should display (within three seconds) the warning message'RESETTING SERVICE MODE'.
9. Keep both buttons pressed until the warning message changes to 'SERVICE MODE RESET' (after ten seconds).
10. Once the message is displayed the buttons may be released sequence is nowcomplete.
11. If a Service Required message was displayed prior to the reset sequence,cycle the ignition to 'Off' and then back to Ignition position II and check that the message is no longer displayed.

When I had to reset mine it took a few times to do it. Just keep trying. It will work in the end.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Th

Originally Posted by faltwen
1. Insert key into ignition barrel.
2. Press and hold the Reset switch (located on the Trip Computer Switch pack).
3. NOTE: The reset switch has to be released immediately after the ignition is switched 'ON'. This is criticalto enable the rest of the procedure.
Turn the key to Ignition position II and at the point of entering Ignitionposition II (i.e. when a click is heard), instantaneously release the Reset switch.
4. Wait one second.
5. Press and hold the Trip switch (located on the end of the left-hand sidestalk).
6. Wait one second.
7. Press and hold the Reset switch (whilst still holding the Trip switch).
8. The cluster should display (within three seconds) the warning message'RESETTING SERVICE MODE'.
9. Keep both buttons pressed until the warning message changes to 'SERVICE MODE RESET' (after ten seconds).
10. Once the message is displayed the buttons may be released sequence is nowcomplete.
11. If a Service Required message was displayed prior to the reset sequence,cycle the ignition to 'Off' and then back to Ignition position II and check that the message is no longer displayed.

When I had to reset mine it took a few times to do it. Just keep trying. It will work in the end.
thanks ill try it