X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Once in a lifetime Opportunity Jaguar XE launch London Sept 2014 WINNER ANNOUNCED

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

......and the lucky winner is.......... ???? I'm not even entered and I'm excited for whoever gets this.

and I can't wait to hear the feedback during and after the event.

Nice one Jim for arranging this one. Someone will owe you a pint!

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,846 Likes on 3,162 Posts

yes Jim, they do owe you a pint (or two, or ....). But, I see that you are around a 6 hour drive from where the event is happening. Maybe there are some other members in the area that can meet up with the lucky winner and get more of a second hand experience and get things as they are happening. That would atleast get them a little closer to the experience. Time will tell.

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While in the UK the lucky winner will be able to see a proper Jag with the drivers position on the right!

Last edited by MrMichael; 08-09-2014 at 09:30 AM.
JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Just a short note, by way of observation, to the "Powers that be" :

You could garner great favour with the Queen by selecting Thermo as the winning contestant.

She has a nuclear-powered ship or two in her private fleet, and as you are aware - most every one of her ships has a beautiful Jaguar stored in the hold for use by the Captain and other dignitaries as they visit foreign ports of call.

If you could arrange Thermo's trip to England aboard one of those vessels, I am pretty sure during the voyage he would likely enjoy "tweaking" the nuclear reactor AND the Jag, as to insure the best performance from both.

His level of expertise with both Jaguars and nuclear-reactors is nonpareil*

If you would Private Message me with her telephone number, I would be glad to speak with her about arranging such transportation.

Respectfully submitted,

~Bruce

*A former U.S. President, George W. Bush, once stated during a trade mission to France "It's too bad the French don't have a word for "entrepreneur".

(yes: he really did say that)

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Bruce, I know the Vanguard class of "boomer" subs all too well. I did 12 years with them (kinda). See the Vanguard class subs are an Ohio Class (US Navy) sub that has been shortened from 24 to 16 missile tubes. But, most of what is left, is pretty identical (only major change I saw was their atmosphere control equipment). So, to say that I could "tweak" it a little bit is an understatement. I have pushed those subs further than most have ever dreamed. I could still walk in and start up one of those things to this day. Granted, I am also sure that if I was allowed to push it like I used to, there would be some people in the background going "I didn't know it could do that".

Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Well, the wait is over and we can finally announce that a candidate has been chosen for the amazing opportunity as offered by Jaguar North America.
  • The experience will include:
  • All expenses paid trip to London for the reveal of the 2015 Jaguar XE
  • A dedicated Jaguar staff member in attendance to facilitate the experience including a hosted welcome dinner
  • Attendance at the Jaguar XE World Premiere held at Earls Court One
  • A headline performance by Emeli Sande and special guests
The selected individual will:
  • Document the experience from start to finish (there will be a specific thread for this purpose)
  • Share the experience both here on Jaguarforums.com and on social media sites as well.
  • Consider participating in future XE events held in North America
A stringent selection process involving various criteria meant that Jaguar North America had several strong candidates to choose from, and the candidate selected is…Thermo (Chris Coleman)!
Well-done Chris, you lucky, lucky devil. Suffice to say we are all more than a little envious, but look forward to sharing your experience of this once in a lifetime event.

We will start a special thread where the whole process from start to finish can be documented by Chris and all can chime in as they wish.

Should be quite something!

Cambo (08-11-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!! Great to know they got it right. Congratulations, Chris. You more than deserve it. Enjoy!!!!

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Received 4,200 Likes on 3,661 Posts

Congrats Chris!!!!!!!!!

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Congratulations Chris!

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Received 185 Likes on 149 Posts

Congratulations Chris !!!
Enjoy a "real Pint" and a good portion of Fish n Chips.
Don`t forget to take a large bag for all the parts you can bring back.

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and looking forward to the posts!

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 02:38 PM

Just too cool.

Really, just too cool!!!

(Now, if someone will send me the Queen's telephone number, I'll fulfill my promise to speak personally with her about getting him on-board one of her nuclear ships for the ride across the pond)

Dear "Powers that Be": GOOD CALL!!!

(any chance of him getting "Knighted", too?)

Dear Chris Coleman: Enjoy the ride, buddy - you deserve it! Take lotsa pics, consider opening an Instagram account so we can follow you by the minute, and when given the inevitable English food choice of "basted, broiled, baked or boiled?" be sure to choose "deep-fried!"

(oh, and I understand you gotsta bring your own ketchup!)

Enjoy!

~Bruce

PS - Don't let them give you one of those fancy new Jags if they offer: WE NEED YOU HERE in the X-Type forum!

JimC64 (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Just peeked at the venue, "Earl's Court One" (here), where Thermo will be feted during the World Premiere of the new 2015 XE Jaguar.

Kind of a mid-sized place by American standards, only a quarter-million square feet of presentation area, and holds only 17,500 people.

(he should be able to work a small crowd like that with ease)

Old 08-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Jac
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Congratulations Thermo! You deserve it. You helped so many people on here, including myself. Have a great time!

Old 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats Chris. Have fun buddy.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

Thank you all. I plan on having a fun time there. I will make sure to take tons of pics. Talking with the people, I have a fairly decent idea of what the time is going to be like. Unfortunately, I see two "problems". The bigger one is that I don't get to test drive the XE for everyone. I know. To be so close, yet unable to take the kitty for a spin around the block. The second one being if you are interested in the interior, supposedly they are blocking the windows as they are not releasing the interior until the Paris Auto show. So, if you want to see the interior of the new XE, you will have to catch it there (think we can send someone else there then? hint, hint, hint). So, there will be no pics of me sitting in the driver's seat.

As for pics, I will be taking tons and tons of them. I will make sure to keep you all posted here. So, keep an eye out on September 8th, 9th, and 10th. I will post as much as time will allow me to do.

The following 4 users liked this post by Thermo:
Bruce in North Dakota (08-10-2014), Bud Tender (08-10-2014), JimC64 (08-10-2014), Norri (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 02:05 AM

Okay, kids...

Now we gotta get Chris on the British television show "Top Gear" as a guest of Jeremy Clarkson.

(if you don't know who Jeremy Clarkson is, click here)

(and especially
!)

Clarkson is renowned as the only known sufferer of quindecaconstantitis, a disease in which the bearer becomes stuck in his mid-50s for the rest of his life.

(Note: above mention of dis-ease included only AND specifically for the benefit of forum member BudTender!)

Some kind of email campaign to get Thermo at the same dining table at the Premiere of the 2015 Jaguar XE as the Queen and Jeremy Clarkson is needed.

Clarkson is famous for liking us poor bast*rd colonial cousins, even going so far as being arrested next door to Thermo (in Washington D.C.) can't find the link but he was hauled off in a DC police car on film, and writing "NASCAR SUCKS!!!" (amongst other offends) on a vehicle and

We can't let this jewel of true Americana - "Thermo" - (read: possessor of true "American Ingenuity") get over there without a good old fashion Red, White and Blue PARADE! Okay, dinner with that gal that owns the whole damned joint might be off the table, but a spot on "Top Gear" is not!

I will research a "good" telephone number for his BBC office - hopefully Clarkson's personal secretary, if not Jeremy himself - and will post it, and I expect every member of the forum to call it and demand Thermo's appearance on a future edition of "Top Gear".

(with VoIP you will spend maybe twenty-five US pennies!)

We gots us a dang STAR here, from the midst of our very favorite forum, https://www.jaguarforums.com

Let's do our part to help him make a biggest "splash" that he can!

Okay - this took a minute, but: SIGN THE PETITION!!!

Old 08-11-2014, 06:28 AM
Default Driving in England

Chris.
Two things to remember if your driving over there.

1, Steering wheel goes closest to the center line
2, Speed/Traffic cameras are behind EVERY street sign,

Have a great time you deserve it mate.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Bruce, get the petition going. I will make Jeremy's head spin as I am sure I can give him a run for his money. He he he he. I am sure I can do some redneck engineering for them that will have them wondering what the hell.

As for driving, what, you don't have the steering wheel on the left side of the car. Oh, will this be a trip. i am sure I will have them running into the ditches. Ooppppsss, did I do that? As for driving, from what I have read, they are providing all the transportation for the whole trip (from the point of leaving my house till I return). We will see. I wonder if they are going to pick me up in an XJ or something of the like?

Old 08-11-2014, 07:49 AM

Would be nice if they pick you up in an f type

well it is supposed to be the same front suspension and engine as the XE

Quick Reply: Once in a lifetime Opportunity Jaguar XE launch London Sept 2014 WINNER ANNOUNCED