Default part numbers needed

I have a 02 x type 2.5 and I am looking for parts to add to the car to add
more features.

1) module to add blue tooth connectivity to my car
2) module to add voice to my car
3) navigation screen and everything else I will need modules and antenna
4) rear bumper insert and reverse parking sensors, module and beeper
5) chromatic mirror
6) message centre speed gauges and cluster assembly (would this be a direct swap?)
7) ACM audio control module
8) home link buttons and module to fit in garage door opener

I have the sunroof consol with the button for sunroof and the speakers
built in for the telephone, does any one know if there are actually speakers
behind this or is it just the shape?

I have searched the forum for other part numbers and these are the only ones which I couldnt find.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: part numbers needed

Sorry I couldn't help you more on the part numbers but look here for the acm...The question is why do you want all of this? It would seriously be cheaper to just buy a newer x with all of these features. Your looking at a lot of money to add these features!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Yeah, I kinda figured... I guess all I really want is the blue tooth and navigation. The rest, I was hoping to get really good deals on. What gets me though is that in the UK our cars are like a dime a dozen, and there are plenty of breakers selling these parts but they still want quite a bit for them, certain parts they are sellign for about half price than dealer prices. If you have so many of these cars, wouldnt you want to price the parts cheaper just to get rid fo them? Just my two cents worth...

Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 AM

bojangles
Does your car have any sort of pre wiring for the blue tooth? or do you need to buy the module, microphone and wires also? Any way I can find out if I have the microphone without having to remove the overhead piece? also are there any special wires needed for the garage door opener? or is it just a unit which needs a power source?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:58 PM

I dont see why you couldnt hook up the blue tooth in the 02 seeing as the 03 and up have the same factory head unit except for a slight colour change. The most I would see is having to splice some wires to make a connection for the blue tooth module. When I go home today I am going to try hitting the talk button (as mentioned in a previous post) to see if I have any sort of phone connection.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

Personally if your wanting to add navigation and bluetooth why don't you look into an aftermarket unit? Every manufacturer like kenwood, alpine, pioneer and others have bluetooth capability and IMO your getting a much better radio than the one already in the car. Just my .02 cents worth but I bet you could still find a better deal on a 03 or newer with all the features you'd want! Our cars in the states have a different standard list of features though...

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Just to let you know. You cannot put bluetooth into the 2002 X. It is not prewired. It is prewired for voice activation. You can get an aftermarket bluetooth system from motorola that is voice controlled.
As posted above. If you want everything integrated, trade your car for a newer X. Will be far cheaper and the car was designed to have it.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:04 PM

Getting a newer x rite now is not an option, though it makes sense. I want the factory nav as I park my car at the go station and it is less likley to get broken into than a car with an after market. I gess my best bet is to get the motorola blue tooth kit and buy the voice activation kit. Anyone know if there is an aftermarket kit for voice activation or do I have to buy module from jag?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

It is a jag setup. Car should be prewired.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

So I take it your not going to sink the money into navigation than? I'd imagine at bear minimum your looking at least $1500-???? just to get the navigation head unit and module and stuff. Than you have to get a wiring harness. It seriously wouldn't be fesible. Why not get an alarm system put in or get coverage through the insurance company and add the aftermarket? You'd seriously be looking at less than a thousand dollars for everything including bluetooth. You could easily buy an avicd3 unit with bluetooth for like a little over 800 bucks. But it sounds like you'll just be getting bluetooth...

Old 02-25-2008, 12:45 PM

See I know gettign the avic would be the best option but I dont like the way my dash will look with only a double din deck, the kit that nexia has looks nasty, and also the fact that I park at the train station and my last car a sunfire got broken into there and they took my crappy pioneer cd player which had a knob clearley missing. So I can only imagine what would happen to the x. I guess I will have to suck it up and not have nice things...