X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts fitment

Old 08-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts fitment

Hello everyone, I'm a first time Jaguar owner and an looking forward to ownership of this car as well as all I can learn about the car from this forum. I purchased the car , 2008 X-Type, a few days ago. The car has 48,000 miles, silvered exterior with a black leather interior. Unfortunately, the previous owner had an accident with the car which forced him to sell it because he had no insurance and couldn't afford to repair it. The car isn't hurt too bad. It needs a left headlamp, left fender and two right side doors. I was searching e-bay for doors and found quite a few that were reasonably priced. The only problem is that all of the listings state 2002 through 2007. Does anyone know if this door will fit my 2008? It looks the same but I really don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

08XTYPE, welcome to the Forums. You will find lots of good info here. But, we do ask a little favor from you. We pride ourselves in being a better car group and as part of that, we like to get to know a little bit about one another. So, please, stop by the New Member Section and tell us a little bit about yourself and your car. This will also give you a chance to meet those that make this place what it is.

As for you question, here in the US, any parts that you find for the X-Type are going to bolt right on, regardless of year. There are a few exceptions (fan controller, rear calipers, transfer case). But, it isn't that they won't fit on the car, there are just a few things that are slightly different, so, it may not be an exact part or may need an additional part to make it work. But, the doors will work from any year on your car.

Keep an eye out on the headlights. There is a known issue with the headlights in that the plastic support for the internals dry out over the years and they become brittle. So, a lot of the headlights that you may find will have internal damage. So, if you are buying through e-bay, send the seller a specific question asking if the internals of the headlight are broken or not. That way, if you get a headlight with broken internals, you have a leg to stand on later. One other tidbit about the headlamps, there are 2 styles out there. You have HID headlights and you have halogen headlamps. Both fit to the car, but the non-HID headlights have 1 less wire. So, if you have the non-HID headlights and you think you are going to upgrade to the HIDs, let me know. Adding the wire is pretty straight forward, but without it, the HIDs will not work (rest of the headlight will though).

You have any questions, let me know. If I don't know the answer, I am sure someone else does.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:33 AM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

Where in PA are you?

Old 08-10-2014, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in South Park PA.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:30 AM
GGG
Received 16,758 Likes on 12,147 Posts

Originally Posted by 08XTYPE
Hello everyone, I'm a first time Jaguar owner and an looking forward to ownership of this car as well as all I can learn about the car from this forum. ............
Welcome to the forum 08XTYPE,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham