X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patience is wearing thin now with my 2.0 diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry patience is wearing thin now with my 2.0 diesel

Ok i have what looks like the most common problem on here codes p1211 &p0251 had the pump checked, recon injectors
new egr valve new turbo accuator new cam sensor new air flow sensor, im just throwing money at this thing and its still the
same, i have not done all this work .its has been done by a mechanic that i have known and used for many years
Running out of ideas now. My car is 2009 estate 2,0 diesel with 120000 miles

Old 06-23-2020, 08:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope you have not had all the replacement parts that you listed just because of p1211 and p0251, if so you need to get a mechanic that knows what he is doing with a tdci engine !

Firstly I would make sure fuel filter is replaced for Delphi or bosch brand only, then make sure injector leak off is within limits, regardless whether they are recon ones or not.
Then I would be doing a fuel pump pressure test by disconnecting cam sensor plug and also imv, then cranking engine over whilst looking at fuel rail pressure, you should see pressure do 1600+ bar.
WARNING, THIS PROCEDURE WILL PRODUCE MAXIMUM UNREGULATED FUEL PRESSURE, DO NOT CRANK FOR LONGER THAN 5 SECONDS, OTHER WISE DAMAGE WILL OCCUR !
Disconnecting cam sensor inhibits firing of injectors, and disconnecting imv forces pump to be unregulated, so max pressure.

So from above info, what max pressure do you get ?

Paul.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:08 AM

Thank you for your comments Paul to be fair to my mechanic he has never suggested i replace all them
parts that is mainly down to me reading so many posts all having a different opinion, anyway i have just
done a leak off test on the new injectors and it dont look good, after only two minutes at idle [very rough idle]
three of them returned 70ml. The injectors were from PFjones who came recommended by so many on this
forum. But as far as the rail pressure i will have to look into this further as it was a couple of weeks back and
i cant remember

Old 08-08-2020, 08:03 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I completely understand. I actually got my grove back once I promoted. I realized that customers suck and even though someone orders a drink with way too much sugar in it it is not my problem that they are slowly killing themselves. I literally just stopped caring about what customers get. I turned my focus to keeping my partners Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin happy, keeping the store clean, and creating a happy environment.

Last edited by benmickel; 08-08-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:30 PM

what the hell has this go to do with jaguars