X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow please help

I got a mesage today on my dash board (NO CRUISE CONTROL AVAILABLE), AND orange- engine light-. Please, does enybody have a same problem???

Last edited by tony; 01-04-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by tony
I got a mesage today on my dash board (NO CRUISE CONTROL AVAILABLE), AND orange- engine light-. Please, does enybody have a same problem???
You most likely are joining a growing club this winter. Get your codes read, they are probably 0171 & 0174 indicating vacuum leak around the IMT valves( or throttle control valves). Search back over the last 2 to 3 weeks and you'll see several threads covering this very problem.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Thanks Green m. Today is gone ( orange eng. light), and cruise control is OK, again. Im ordering o rings for IMT...

Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by tony
Thanks Green m. Today is gone ( orange eng. light), and cruise control is OK, again. Im ordering o rings for IMT...
Your welcome.

I'm leaving mine til spring. Too darn cold to work on it now. My "cruise control not available" message just comes on once in a while, not using cruise now anyway. Other wise car is running OK, have full use of throttle and engine is running smooth. Just the check engine light on. Fuel mileage is down a little bit but nothing drastic though, not sure if that is from a vacuum leak causing more fuel to be added or the slow stop and go driving and more time spent idling in stopped traffic. Not driving much this winter since we're having a lot more snow than we've had in a long time. Car is spending a lot of time parked in the garage only getting out to make supply runs when conditions permit. This is the nice thing about retirement, I only have to do something when I want to.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine doesn't let me go past 3000rpm and I cannot seem to identify if there is a vacuum leak or if it is a knock sensor. Where should I check besides for the IMT valves?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by macmar
Mine doesn't let me go past 3000rpm and I cannot seem to identify if there is a vacuum leak or if it is a knock sensor. Where should I check besides for the IMT valves?
There are a couple of vacuum hoses to check. These are covered in in past discussions during the past couple of weeks or so.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 PM

we need to seal everything with SUPER GLUE

Old 01-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, also not sure if this would help but, my cel stays on, but the "cruise not available until my car engine temp warms up. Does that identify if its a sensor or not? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car made this same to me in cold air of innsbruck and the reason was bad thermostat... when engine was running too cold it made high temp warning and temp needle rised up and warninglights came on also cruisecontrol went off and I couldn't accelerate any more, only driving with constant speed was available. I got back from Austria to Finland so that I put cardboard front of cooler, after this temp was ok.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Intake manifold gaskets also tend to leak moreso when cold. The "cruise not available" is not so much to let you know the the cruise is not working, as it is to warn you of another problem....typically a mixture issue, lean in this case.