X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!! Already dropped 800 bucks and still not working...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Please Help!!! Already dropped 800 bucks and still not working...

So when I bought the car I was told that the CD changer worked and everything was ok. I tested it and it definitely didn't work. The dealer took the CD changer and then dropped off the face of the planet. I tried going there and arguing but got nowhere.

I bought a brand new CD changer from Jag along with the link lead cable. From what the dealership tells me every jag is equipped with the wiring harness to the radio so all I needed to do is install these wires and have the service dept program the thing.

I took it this morning and they said they got errors when trying to program the radio for a CD changer. The next step would be for them to trace all the wires from the radio to the cd changer and figure out where the problem is which could take 3 hours or more.

Can anyone help me please!!! Do I have any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Wait, if the car already had a CD changer, why do you need to program it again? Did you double check that the CD changer you got was for your VIN?

Not the right time to be asking this, but why on God's earth did you spend $800 for a CD changer when you could have gotten the ACM/iPod attachment for $300?

Last edited by spielnicht; 11-18-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Easton, so Im about 15 min from you. Do you mind if I ask what dealership you bought your Jag from?

Checking the VIN # to see if your car originally had a CD-Changer installed is a great idea.

Also, did you look in the truck to see of the area where the changer is installed still has brakets there, maybe a hint to prove your dealer may have taken it out...or maybe they didnt...

Old 11-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

WAS THAT LINK LEAD BY CHANCE THE FOIBRE OPTIC CABLE THAT LINKS ALL THE TRUNK COMPONENTS TOGETHER? AND DID YOU GET THE CONNECTORS TOGETHER WITH THE CORRECT TRUNK COMPONENTS, PHONE,VOICE,NAV, AMP AS THE CAR IS CONFIGURED AND WHAT IT HAS. YOU HAVE TO GET THE CORRECT FIBRE OPTICS BASED ON HOW THE CAR IS EQUIPED. OTHERWISE YOU END UP WITH AN OPEN THE THE "WAKE UP" SIGNAL TO EACH COMPONENT AND A NON FUNCTIONING SYSTEM. aND HOPEFULLY YOU DIDNT KINK OR PINCH THE FIBRE OPTICS CABLE AND BREAK IT

Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

What was the changer doing originally? The dealer marked mine was not working when I bought it, but what happened was that someone did not lock the trays in so any time it was ejected it would stick and make a ton of noise. I just wiggled the trays back into place with a small flat screwdriver and ejected it. It has worked great ever since.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rhriczko
So when I bought the car I was told that the CD changer worked and everything was ok. I tested it and it definitely didn't work. The dealer took the CD changer and then dropped off the face of the planet. I tried going there and arguing but got nowhere.

I bought a brand new CD changer from Jag along with the link lead cable. From what the dealership tells me every jag is equipped with the wiring harness to the radio so all I needed to do is install these wires and have the service dept program the thing.

I took it this morning and they said they got errors when trying to program the radio for a CD changer. The next step would be for them to trace all the wires from the radio to the cd changer and figure out where the problem is which could take 3 hours or more.

Can anyone help me please!!! Do I have any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance!
I read this twice and can't understand one thing. You say the car came with a changer, then it went to the dealership and they took the changer out and what lost it? Threw it in the garbage what? Here we have 30 days regardless to back out of any dealership or car lot type sales. Private sales you're done but from a dealer you can return it within 30 days. When I bought mine the TCM blew out and they had the choice, refund or repair.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Received 61 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully we can figure this out.

I bought the car from a local dealer in Emmaus, the owner serves on the township board with my dad so I thought he was a trustworthy guy. He had a cd changer in the car when I bought it but it wasnt working. He took it out and said he would send it to his "repair" guy but later told me it would cost him too much to fix so he would buy one off ebay. I was upset but I agreed. After a few months, yes months, he still had nothing. I sent him ebay auctions to his email and still nothing. So we agreed I would just have jag (My local dealership on Tilghman St. Allentown PA) put a new unit in and he would cover the cost. So I had Jag put a new unit in with Link lead cable but it still wont program and I still cant get ahold of the owner of the original dealership. He is always "on a test drive with someone" or "at lunch".

So The jaguar dealership told me that after checking my VIN it actually didnt come with a cd changer but with the link lead cable and the cd changer it should work because all radios had the ability for this.

The link lead cable I got only had two connectors. one goes to the cd changer and the other to another connector in the trunk. Its the only other connector there that matched up.

My next resort os to just drop the car off and tell them do whatever it takes because at this point Ive spent too much money to say screw it. Then go after the dealer I bought the car from.

Does anyone hear think im anything but screwed? lol

Thanks again in advance!