X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!! Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Please Help!!! Door Locks

I've had this problem for a while and I thought buying a new key fob would solve this issue. Everytime I lock on the fob it beeps twice but the car doesn't lock. When I put the key inside it locks fine and when I sit inside the car to practice the lock in the rear seat drivers side it squeeks and flips back and forth a couple times. I tried opening the door panel and Tried to play with it but no success so far. Anyone have experience with this issue Please Help

Old 04-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably have an issue with one of the lock sensors. I had the same problem which turned out to be a broken wire in the loom that goes to the boot lock. The boot would lock, but the system thought it was still open so beeped twice and had the boot open message on the dash.
If the rear drivers side door lock sounds different to all the others it could well be where the fault it. You may have to take the lock out and see if there's any damaged wires, but my money would be where the loom comes from the body and enters the door. This flexes and if it's the same wire as the boot, it's thin and will brake.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This wire everytime I lock the car flips out does this mean something is wrong with the Lock Actuator or does the wire need to be replaced?

Old 04-23-2017, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never taken the door card off my car so haven't actually seen this part. I imagine the part it keeps popping out of is worn or damaged.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:28 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

The piece pictured looks fine, see no wear or damage. Assume the part it hooks to is the culprit.