X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably the weirdest Jag problem.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Probably the weirdest Jag problem.

Seems like you have a leak issue somewhere.You're right this might be the weirdest problem I've ever heard of, but then again we have all heard about some weird ones!

I have a weird one about my inner headlight assembly falling apart. One night I noticed my left headlight jumping up & down, I checked it out and the whole rear assembly was totally detached from the main headlight assembly. Long story short, the dealer stated it wasnt covered by warranty and I had to shell out an obscene amount to replace the whole left headlight unit. How could something like this happen without any prior tampering? I guess I will never know!

Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  6.3 KB

Hey Chad, saw this while browsing online and thought I'd let you see. you're obviously at the end of you're tether on this, so no harm, to look into it I guess

JC

"NOTE scraping pads on rotors will cause the dreaded Gearbox fault due to vibration and uneven wheel speeds told me to me by a jag tech and what happened to me before the brake change
A great car so far 4 years and no major probs all updates and tsb's done by the dealer before the warranty expired, just fixed the vacuum valve between the brake booster and manifold $55.00 online which was causing fault codes , and a fuse upgrade stopped the intermittant gearbox fault which made it go into limp home mode"

Old 07-09-2007, 04:45 PM

time to trade it in. easiest way tosolve that problem. wise customers do it all the time with problematic cars. even wiser dealerships send them to auction. example - 3 x-types and one high mileage xj last week.

or crush it. even easier way to get rid of the problem.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM

I would vote on the Lexus if you want to trade up.

Has your dealer tried calling a Field Service Engineer? Their more skilled on how the car is built, assembled, networked, module operation, and much more.

Call your dealer and ask if they can get a Field service engineer to take a look at diagnosing your problem.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Size:  6.3 KB

Nti could be right about the trade in part Chad, if you 've had that many problems and are that hacked off with it that is.
I've traded more than my fair share of problematic cars in the past.....lol
I've always liked Lexus since I first saw the L400 at the Scottish motor show about 13 years ago. What about the German marques? Audi / Bmw?
Let us know what you decide to do.............maybe even keep the X

JC

Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 AM

That sucks that you want to trade in the X, but you have to do what you gotta do!

I'm not sure what I would upgrade to. If your looking for reliability, then I'd say go w/ the Lexus.

Have you looked into an Audi, BMW or a Benz?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen TCMs (in the driver's lower kick panel) been damaged by water.
Could be a harness issue.
Remanufactured transmission do fail. Twice i've gotten bad reman. trannies.

Sounds like the dealer lack diagnosing skills and just throw parts hoping to fix problems.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 AM
one

You have a windshield leak. It runs off the pillar down into the harness and everything that is near the firewall and kick panel. If you really want to solve the problem, remove the majority of the interior and you'll see it next time you get it wet. Otherwise deal with it forever because that's about the only way to find a leak.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't go benz as well I've already stated why many times...try getting a fully warranteed x-type...bmw's are expensive but good quality audi are supposed to be good Jimmy knows them quite well...I don't like japanese cars but would probably drive an infinity or lexus as long as I didn't have to pay for it as they are both quite expensive!

BTW whats your price range?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  cars.jpg
Size:  7.4 KB

I've only got good things to say about Audi so far......Certainly over here Audi are pushing really hard to get more n more A6's out there to compete with the BMW 5 series. BMW get a great name too for reliability and service etc etc..........ask Bo......He's got one he's had for a few years and sweras by it. But, if Bmw and Audi aren't your thing, well, they're not your thing.
I can't comment on the infiniti as we don't have them over here as far as I know. The Lexus? One smooth, luxurious, feel good, reliable and well put together car!
Its all up to you Chad.

Jim

Old 07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The one lexus I rode in was sweet as you could floor it and not even hear the engine...not so sure I would have liked that as I like to hear and feel problems or things that are going wrong...better way to let someone know so they can diagnose...but nice car though...but for the money they should be! Never even been in a bmw but heard they are good for their service and what not but price is also high...Personal preference and price bracket helps the decision!