Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with transmission or wired or all the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation problem with transmission or wired or all the car

hi,

have a big problem, the proeblem is the error when i driving the car, some times happend and sometimes works fine the car.

the problem is i'm drive the car i go in the way very happy then i feel like someone kick the car in instrument panel show failure, the speedometer shutdown, the tachometer shutdown, the engine temperature shutdown the only instrument show me some information is the fuel level gauge!, and in the center display show an errror TRASNMISSION FAULT, the icon of engine malfunction ON, all this happen in seconds, then i turf off the car and start again and all erros are gone, what happen? and the gear box(my car is automatic) only work on 3rd and go slow, some i have wait for more than one hour to start the engine 'cause dont start, battery it's ok, everything seems to be fine but will not start, only start after one hour or more

some time i can use the car for more than week and work fine without erros but some times i use the car for maybe 30 minutes o more and show me that, some times the error appears in the firsts minutos that i start the engine.

please help with this error, this make crazy i love the car but this errors make think put the car on sale!!!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Jess, start by replacing both battery cables. This is fairly easy to do and is pretty cheap to do too. Ours cars are very sensitive to the voltage the car is running on. If you have a bad cable, it will make the car think it is getting the wrong voltage and it will start trying to correct itself. If that doesn't fix it, I would look over the wiring harness for any signs of damage (specifically around the throttlebody). After that, the next most likely problem is the computer for the engine itself.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
jessreds (12-28-2010)