X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear end squeaking plus new problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rear end squeaking plus new problems

Hello everyone, I am going to start with a little history of my car. Its an 2003 x that I bought from my dad. He claims he has replaced everything on the car when he had... He likes to talk alot lol. When I first got the car I knew that he was having problems where the ABS would make some weird vibration and then the peddle would sink down. I have that happen very rarely but I think that might have to do with moving down to a warm climate.

A year ago I heard noise from the rear of the car that definitely sounds like worn pads giving me the warning to replace them. I went ahead and had rotors and pads replaced. This also fixed the car feeling like it was pulling something.

From previous posts I was told it was probably a stuck caliper due to the emergency brake.

My problem now is the squeaking is pretty loud now especially at low speeds right when I start driving the car. If I turn the wheel it sometimes get less intense. I have had 3 codes come up recently and clear themselves, Mass airflow sensor and both rear wheel speeds sensors. They are not on all the time but came on when I was driving rather fast 90mph for an hour. The speedo gauge went to zero while still on the highway it since has started working, that day even. I

I am trying to figure out what could be causing the squeak noise and what I should start by replacing. I want to try to do this as soon as possible because im not sure how safe it is even though the car always stops.

I have done some searching of older posts and has thought it was the cv-joint or bearing i forget which, but the noise is not like steady noise that is a vibration. sounds like bad pads even though i know they are good. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a couple different theories. My cousin said I could have a seized piston in the calipers that is causing the squeak and the dust coming off fudging up the sensors. Any input?