X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear suspension knock

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear suspension knock

hi guys and gals, i own a 2008 08 plate, x type 2.2 tdci s, and has a puzzling knock on the rear nearside suspension. i have previously owned a 55 plate xs le, that had a similar knock, and it turned out to be rear shocks, but i have replaced the rear shocks on my current vehicle, with genuine bilsteins, but it hasnt made a blind bit of difference. before i start replacing everything, anyone give me a vague idea what it could be?!

ive also replaced the rear anti-roll bar bushes with genuine jaguar items.

anyone got any idea? any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:37 PM
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

Take a look at the front lower rear control arms, part number C2S50863 (same both sides). The rubber bushings on each end fail, allowing metal-to-metal contact. Relatively inexpensive part, but the M12 fasteners gave me a real fight, even though I had no corrosion deterioration on the bolt heads. You'll prolly want to replace those too; you'll need two each C2S30523 and C2S45983 if replacing both arms. If you're replacing the rear sway bar bushings you'll want to look at the sway bar links as well, p/n C2S45009. By the way, don't use the Moog part number in the picture. They're junk. Buy Lemforder or Jaguar OE.

Attached Thumbnails rear suspension knock-r-lower-fwd-arms.jpg   rear suspension knock-r-lower-fwd-arms1.jpg   rear suspension knock-r-sway-links.jpg  

Last edited by swingwing; 03-25-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added sentence and picture.