X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing driver inner door panel; fixing window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Removing driver inner door panel; fixing window regulator

Well, the regulator itseld seems to be fine, but those little chunks of plastic that hold up the window glass seem to have suicided.

I hunted down the replacement pieces, and it looks like replacing them won't be "too" big a task...

but the thread showing me how to remove the inner panel has lost its images.

Does anybody have a diagram showung me where the screws and clips are handy?

I do have 'real' removal tools for the clips, and a whole bag of replacements, but I'd rather not break any of them in the process if I can avoid it.

Good practice, anyway, since I need to fix the outer door handle on the passenger side, too...

Old 04-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I have removed the door panels, but they will not be reinstalled. There were just a few screws if I remember correctly. A couple were hidden with pop off plastic covers. I don't have a door panel in front of me, but I think there were two screws on the bottom and then one in the handle area. The rest just popped off. If you want pictures of the panel, inside and out, and can take some on Friday. Also, if you need any parts let me know I still have my panels.

The following users liked this post:
wa3ra (04-11-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemons Racer
I have removed the door panels, but they will not be reinstalled. There were just a few screws if I remember correctly. A couple were hidden with pop off plastic covers. I don't have a door panel in front of me, but I think there were two screws on the bottom and then one in the handle area. The rest just popped off. If you want pictures of the panel, inside and out, and can take some on Friday. Also, if you need any parts let me know I still have my panels.
Hey Lemans, if this gentleman doesn't need any parts, what color are the door panels you have? And on the drivers door panel, did any of the female clips beak? The part of the door panel injection molding design and not the clips that press into the door...

Old 04-12-2016, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
Hey Lemans, if this gentleman doesn't need any parts, what color are the door panels you have? And on the drivers door panel, did any of the female clips beak? The part of the door panel injection molding design and not the clips that press into the door...
You can see the color on top of the tires. I can take closer pictures if you would like. Especially of the backside so you can check for broken clips. They should be I'm good shape. I was careful taking them off.

And before they were removed

Old 04-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Aw shucks, I have black interior. Gotta keep it matching. Thank you though! Good luck with the racecar.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
Aw shucks, I have black interior. Gotta keep it matching. Thank you though! Good luck with the racecar.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Are you going to be removing the wood cover on the passenger side of the dash. Mine is cracked and looking for a replacement. Your interior is the same as mine. Might also be interested in the console armrest cover.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
Are you going to be removing the wood cover on the passenger side of the dash. Mine is cracked and looking for a replacement. Your interior is the same as mine. Might also be interested in the console armrest cover.
Yes, we do not need any of the interior and other than the seats we still have all of it. We are keeping the wood center stack just for aesthetics. PM me and we'll figure it out.