X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacement door/part driver side

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement door/part driver side

first of all, thanks for any help in advance!

i have a 2002 jaguar x type with over 250K miles and the latch/mechanism for the handle broke and I can no longer open the door from the outside or the inside. does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the mechanism, or how much and where to find an entire replacement door? love the car to death(no pun intended) but she's embarrassing me with this problem when we're in public and I have to exit the car from the passenger side door...

PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks!

Old 12-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Since the door will not open you are going to ave to remove the door card and activate the door by hand inside and open it. Whether you change the whole or the lock, once the card is off and you have opened it you are half way there.
Follow this link and scroll down to the Body torque listing and download it.
JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource
It has the removal procedures for changing the door lock assembly.

Text DrDome (484-903-4813) a forum member who parts out x-types and he can provide a door lock assembly or even a whole door. Let him know Vern recommended.

You are going to have to remove the front seat. It is not too difficult, move the seat back and forth to remove the fasteners holding it to the floor. The remove the bolt in the center of the electrical plug beneath seat, unplug it remove the whole seat thru a passenger door. The tech pub at the link will give you info for the door card removal.

Good luck and let us know if you need more info.