Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPMs on crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RPMs on crank

Hello all-

First and foremost, the car is fully functional.

I was just washing the car for mom the other day since it was ~60 degrees. Anyways, the car had sat all nigh when I started her up to pull out of the garage and noticed the issue.

Issue: When the RPMs decrease to near idle it seems a bit rough at start.
Car: '03 2.5L auto trans. w/50k miles

I'm thinking it may be the fuel filter as I'm assuming it has never been changed. I prefer to do mine every 10k miles, so I'll give this a crack shortly. Maybe, a dirty air filter? I haven't given the car a good look-over yet, however I'm open to what you guys may think the culprit stems from.

On a side note, did the oil change about two months ago (first oil changed since we owned the car) and the oil is already turning darker shades of brown/black. Whoever decided to use a synthetic blend every 10k miles should be hit with the stupid stick. I wanted to use M1, but was getting resistance from the Service manager at my Jag dealership (wanted to make sure it wouldn't void ext. warranty). So now I'm using a dedicated dino and motorcraft filter.

Also, some idiot backed into her car. The Jag's got three slices in the rear bumper. People can be real arseholes. It's pretty bad damage and the bastid didn't even leave their insurance info. I'm going to have to touch it up later on as well.

Alright thanks guys and gals.

-Neil

Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts
Default RE: RPMs on crank

Check your codes with a scanner if possible .Did your engine light come on ? Another thing might be P0300 which is engine misfire .

Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier. No engine lights.

Again, everything works flawlessly, just seems a bit bucky on start-up as it goes into idle.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I've noticed that with mine as well...I can't say its anything special in mine...I use mobil1 and thought maybe that had something to do with it but you said you used regular oil...I say its just something you noticed ( me as well) because nothing else was on...ie-radio fans or bsing with someone else...keep in mind in all my cars I always let my idle go all the way down before driving no matter what the temperature is...I say its nothing but who knows?