X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sean57

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up sean57

My reversing lights and parking censors have stopped working, on X tpye 03 reg dooes any one you know whats wrong with it and is it easy to fix

cheers

Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

I can only suggest cleaning them. If that's not the problem, its probably a job for the more electronically minded members who will probably be able to guide you through a troubleshooting process.
They may start by asking about the fuse, so it could be worth checking to see if that needs replacing.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Sean, first off, welcome to the JaguarForums.com. I think you will find a lot of very useful information here and lots of friendly people. But, we do ask one thing of you. Please stop by the "New Member" section and introduce yourself. We are a friendly bunch and we like to get to know one another. There you will figure out who the key players are around here and how we differ from other car groups out there. So, sit back, grab a cup of Joe and enjoy.

As for your problem. First start with checking fuses F79 and F94. Either one of these being blown will cause what you are seeing. If both of these look good, then swap Relay R17 (reverse lights) with R15 (main beam/fog light relay). If the relay replacement fixes your issue, you have a failed relay.

From here, I need to know how you are with using a multimeter as the next steps involve using a multimeter to prove parts of the circuit good. Also keep in mind that this all assumes you have an automatic tranny. If you have a manual tranny, then things are a bit different.

Let us know what you find and we will get you taken care of.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Welcome, Sean. You are in good hands with Thermo. Although I cannot help you directly with your specific problem, I can suggest you can search on here for information about the issues you are having. There will be quite a number of posts on here about them. That might help you better understand what other have experienced and what you might be facing to get it resolved as you work through it with Thermo. The car has been around so long that pretty much ANYTHING that can happen to them has probably been discussed here and resolved, and a lot of times with Thermo's help. As you become mor familiar with the site you will realize what a great resource this place is and how many friendly people are here that are willing to help. Good luck with your Jag!