X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaking problem - Solved!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaking problem - Solved!!!

Well, had a little shaking and pull problem. So took it to an alignment shop that was well recommended. The tech said the camber was way off causing it to pull, and that the tires were in bad shape. The thread on 2 tires was separating causing the vibration so they needed to be replaced and could not do a balancing. I asked how bad was it really, he recommended not to go out of town in the car. Well that sounds bad to me. So anyways the alignment was done, then got some tires today. The difference? Like night and day. Before all this the car would start shaking at 45 mph, then the alignment moved that to about 60 mph. Got the tires then went for a good 90 mph run and no shaking at all. It rides smooth even with the sport suspension.
This was the first time since I bought the car a few weeks ago that I could actually run the car like that. My worst fear was that the driveshaft needed to be replaced like I've heard others had to do. Right now I am a very happy man, well not that happy. My son goes to take his driver's licence test today. I can feel my wallet get very light.

Cheers!

Ozzy

Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts
Default RE: Shaking problem - Solved!!!

A 16 year old in a household with a Jag? I'll bet your insurance agent will be a happy man! [&:]

Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM

Know what you mean. Mine didn't get to take the test for his permit but he alreadysaid the first car he wants to drive is my Trans Am GTA. Good thing is the insurance will not change until he gets his "real" driver's licence. So I have at least a year of normal insurance payments until they own my paycheck.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Don't know the details, and I didn't ask. I am foreign to alignment stuff so I just let them do whatever. This shop is well known in Pensacola for being the best at what they do so I trust they really do know what they are doing. Maybe I misunderstood what he said, it's a possibility.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually the jag is an excellent vehicle for insurance...as nineball (another member of jagforum) found out that the jag is actually cheaper to insure than a neon he checked on, I'm pretty sure at least. I know I was shocked to find out how cheap my insurance was going to be once I got one, the vehicle has many things to help this. Dynamic stability control, abs, awd and air bags almost all the way around! Plus the chances of someone being able to steal the car are lower than other cars...

Good to hear your problem was fixed!