X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So let's just say I decide to do something for the X-type with LED's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:38 AM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So let's just say I decide to do something for the X-type with LED's...

All 5 of you that would mod it

What's your wish list? Speedometer.... Climate control........

Here's what I do for lexus......

http://www.lextech.org

http://lextech.org/gallery/index.php

http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/

http://lextech.org/oscommerce2/

http://lextech.org/forums/

I'm not even remotely considering doing anything for the X-type because as I've discussed there simply is not a market, but I will investigate the units to see what info I can provide if you make a wish list.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: So let's just say I decide to do something for the X-type with LED's...

I doing that to my S-type my color scheme is white on blue for stereo and white with red needles for instrument cluster, I'm almost done with my window switches and parking brake switch, so depending on price I'll take the instrument cluster, climate control and stereo.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: So let's just say I decide to do something for the X-type with LED's...

They look cool I think

Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM
one

ORIGINAL: super_jag

I doing that to my S-type my color scheme is white on blue for stereo and white with red needles for instrument cluster, I'm almost done with my window switches and parking brake switch, so depending on price I'll take the instrument cluster, climate control and stereo.
Cool, can't wait to see it.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 AM

Well what is your price quote for the instrument cluster, climate control and stereo. Because if it is a fair price i rather send it to someone with a lil more experience.I have only done this to two vehicles a 00 Stratus and a 99 Cougar, so my experience is limited.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:13 PM
one

ORIGINAL: one

I'm not even remotely considering doing anything for the X-type because as I've discussed there simply is not a market, but I will investigate the units to see what info I can provide if you make a wish list.
nada.

anyone have an EXTRA speedometer laying around?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 AM

Well the thing with the instrument cluster is that it has to be the same one if not you have to reprogram the new instrument cluster with your key, so you would have to be without a car until it is done. The stereo and climate control is not a big deal since they don't need to be hooked up to the car so itcan run.
The only thing that I am dreading are the smd,does things are small. I have not problem with the switches because I use 3mm led which are fine but the surface mount ones a little and they would require a couple on the stereo and climate control, I believe.
Their are some instrument clusters on ebay.
So whatyou do is purchase these units from a third party, change the color and sell them. If that is true I'm willing to send mine for you to see if it is difficult or not(exc.instrument cluster) and so you can get a price quote on changing mine. When I had my cougar (which Jaguar has the identical window switches) They would send their stuff to a guy to change the color shemem and change for labor and shipping.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The VW dubs interior lights look sick. They are blue

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM

I would love to change mine I hate the Ford color scheme thats in there now. I would do all switches and HVAC screen and needles and gauges.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM

check out newcougar.org there is a how to for a cougar led swap I just sold mine about a week ago.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

can you paste the link to the right page? i could not find it on that site. thanks

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM

Here it is

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/how-...ted-links.html