X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers are brokedededed

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers are brokedededed

Ok i decided to sit in the back of my car for the first time, just to see what it looked and felt like to be back there. Butt as i was pondering why they call birds "birds" and dont call birds "Flies" and a fly a "bird" when a brid actually flies and a fly doesnt, I noticed that my rear 6 in speaker wasnt working. so i checked the other side and it wanst working either.
When i bought the car i checked everything but the speakers and the fog lights. i dont know why i forgot those? So i dont know ith the rear speakers just stopped or havent worked since i bought it. It kind of make me sad since the weather is getting nice and i would like to drive with my windows down while listening to music.

Has this happened to any one else? Anyone have a quick remedy?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Speakers are brokedededed

Hey house, worst case scenario: Your speakers popped. Easy fix, as the door panels come off if you stare at them hard enough, and from there you're just a screw driver and new speakers away from fixing your problem. You should try checking the FADE on the radio. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but I know that if I felt my speakers didn't work, I'd be so mad I wouldn't think of looking for the obvious. Check out the FADE first and let us know how it goes. BTW, GO HEAT........Next year!

Old 05-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was just about to say check the fade. Philosphical thinking has its place!! THE *******! not the back of you jag, thats for other things far more primative.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

LMAO!! Lets be real, if you move the seats all the way forward, there is space in the back for more than thinking!

Old 05-01-2007, 04:54 PM

Big; do you think shaq is still going to play next year? i think he is done, and so is payton. i dont see the full heat team togehter next year. Scott Skilles coach of the year baby!!!

Wow you guys thought i didnt check the fade L-R and F-R??? I think i need to go into the back seat and curl up in the fetal postion.
I think tomorrow i am going to check if there are even speakers behind the screen? Maybe the previous owner upgraded the system and before he sold it took them out and the dealer only replaced the front ones? or maybe i was bumping my house music so hard i blew my speakers, damn you frankie knuckles.

Somekids; i cant use the squater for thinking i only have one dookie bowl in the house so i cant lounge too long. I also dont want to do Primative things in the back seat i dont like buudussyy juice on the leather. so today i am going to move my passenger seat all the way up sit in the back and think deeply about Evolution. really if we all evolved from Ape's why are there still Ape's?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! House, you just wrote my new sig! AWW MAN YOU GOT ME CRACKING UP!!!! The whole thing with blown speakers is that they'll just sound nasty, but they'll make some sound! Lucky for you, the door panels come off in a sinch!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd check the speakers and make sure that they are connected first. Highly unlikely that both speaker blew! No more like impossible that the speakers just don't work. Generally no matter what they'd be doing something! You need to make sure that when you rip the door off check a speaker you know to work and see if that is a go. If it isnt' working work your way up the ladder. If you need some speakers or think you want to upgrade I have started to get into a wholesale company to sell car audio at the local flea market and pondering ebay while i'm going to use craigslist for sure. The two primary brands that I get from this company in Cali is md sound and konaki. Links to the sites will be at the bottom of this page. I could get them for you shipped per pair for $50. Let me know what you think, but I'd check to see that the speakers are not disconnected or even there at all!

Here's ebay auction for them-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us

http://store.teptronics.com/md65comp01.html

Here are some konaki subs and amps-Guys making a killing on em but they are nice subs
http://www.carstereo.com/classifieds...onaki%20System

Catalogs for the companies

md sound
http://www.7elephants.com/graphics/MDSound2007.pdf

konaki
http://www.7elephants.com/graphics/konakiaudio2007.pdf

Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM

lol, that is a hot quote though. Good luck with the speakers

Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member

Those are really good prices. What can you do about 2 15's(kicker) with a kicker amp(~2000 watts)?

Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 AM

Not much ise to you but I had a rear left speaker fail. Had it fixed under warrantly so no idea of what was wrong, but dealer had to order a new speaker.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there bigdreams the company we get our stuff from only has these products. I can't get kicker for a deal. If we do good and get bigger I'd seek other companies to buy from but I'm pretty sure they'd still be pretty expensive. The link at the bottom of this is a sub I can get...I actually contacted this guys customer to check out and see what kind of stuff the subs are and he said they are awesome. He said he bought one at a car audio show or something like that like a year ago and came and bought another one for his blazer just now. I'll have to see what I can get them for and I'll let you know. I've searched google on the md sound and konaki amps and have heard nothing but good things about them. Heard they were really nice amps but next week my father-in-law said were going to invest a grand into getting a bunch of stuff. This Friday my sister's boyfriend is getting a loan for school and he's taking some money and buying a set of the 12's i'm posting on here for ya and a 3500 watt amp as well as a pioneer head unit set of component 6.5's and a set of 6x9's. The total price for all of it is going to be like 700 bucks, but for what he's getting its a deal! I'll let you know what they sound like take some video and pics if your not in a hurry...I'll be getting the component speakers for the jag next week though! By the way the magnet on this sub is 10 lbs just by itself. It comes in a case from the factory looks like some good stuff...well see though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;rd=1&rd=1

Old 05-04-2007, 03:00 PM

This sunday i am going to take off the door pannels and see for the problem. If they are both blown i think i am going to splurge on some high end JL audio or konaki that aquill gave the websites for. but if i do i am replacing all six speakers but not the four tweeters. then i think i will replace the cd changer with a 10 disc CD/mp3?????
i think i may be broke for this month

Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM

DAMMIT GUYS!!! this is what i was afraid of happening. Once you start modifying a car, you dont stop until its exactly the way you want EVERYTHING to be/or broke as hell. I had the X a year and ahalf without spending a dime in customization. THE wheels sent me over the edge, now i want the ipod adapter, upgrade my crappy base system ( 4 speakers and add a single 12" i nthe trunk) and the list keeps growing the more i look at this damn site. DAMN ALL OF YOU! but my car's hott now though lol.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Trying to keep up with the Jones's? LOL! It happens man, but the car does look sweet!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Man i have sooooo busy i havent even checked out my speakers, or even had the opportunity to read the jaguar forums. I am planing on, not this weekend, the weekend after that taking the door pannels off, Thanks to COBRA and his kick azz post with pictures.
go bulls!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Where do you want the bulls to go? HAHAHA!!! As for not having time, we can all relate, just make sure when removing the door panel, that you give the panels a good tug to take them off, that way you don't snap the clips off of the panel!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Hey housegroove my wifes dad said that he wanted to put an order in this week but I'm not for sure if and when we are going to do it...you stated you might want the konaki? I personally think that the quality of the mdsound look better but I'll have to wait and see. Just let me know either way...also you stated your changing all 3 sets of 6.5's? The speakers come with the crossover and tweeters also unless you just wanted to go with some 6.5's...not sure on the quality and what not but the components are allover the internet...

Old 05-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Good looking out Aquill

I am going to have to hold off on speakers for about 3 months. I dropped to much money on mothers day and my girlfriends birthday was mothers day too so i dropped more money on saturday. All i can say about this past friday is it started at 6:30 ant i got home at 7:15 the next day. I blew my whole paycheck just on friday,my friend dj'ed this new club and there i got everything for free, but everywhere else i went over-bored
I dont regret any of it cause it was LEGENDARY. but it sucks cause now i am on a tight budget for a while

Biggie
I want the bulls to go at least get into the third round, anything less will be a dissapointment for the season. I just cant belive how bad they fell apart against detriot. I know the pistons defense is good, but i not to even have the coach make stupid substitutions and time outs?

Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I have hope for the Bulls, and now that they're going back home for game 6, I hope they win and take the series. You always want for a team to have a huge bounce back like the red sox! Now that the Warriors are out, I'm guessing the bulls are the underdog, but if they don't come through, go Cavs and Suns.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: somekidzenvy

DAMMIT GUYS!!! this is what i was afraid of happening. Once you start modifying a car, you dont stop until its exactly the way you want EVERYTHING to be/or broke as hell. I had the X a year and ahalf without spending a dime in customization. THE wheels sent me over the edge, now i want the ipod adapter, upgrade my crappy base system ( 4 speakers and add a single 12" i nthe trunk) and the list keeps growing the more i look at this damn site. DAMN ALL OF YOU! but my car's hott now though lol.

WERD!

Quick Reply: Speakers are brokedededed