X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stressed Out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stressed Out!

Hello all, new member here. First post & hopefully many more to come! I have a 2005 3.0. Its been in limp mode since ive traded my vw jetta for it. When I received it, the car wouldn't start. it would turn but wouldn't stay running. On a similar page I was told to unplug the maf sensor and try to start it. Well good news was, it started right up! Bad news was, after spending $80 on a new maf sensor it didn't seem to change a thing. Now that it started running I took it to the part store to have it scanned and the codes came back as such: p0112 intake air temp. sensor 1 circuit low input.. p0352 Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit malfunction.. p0302 cylinder 2 misfire confirmed.. p1314no dtc definition found see service manual.. p0102 mass or volume air flow A circuit low input confirmed. Ive found a couple vacuum leaks on top of the manifold. Those seem to be the only leaks I can find so far. So far Ive taken the TB off and really cleaned it up inside and out including the rubber round hose that connects to the air box and the air box itself. Its recently had all plugs and coil packs replaced but maybe when the maf sensor went out on previous owner and he kept trying to start the car repeatedly could have fouled out the number 2 plug or? just a thought? Ive also checked the wells and it doesn't seem to be oil in it. Any advice or indicators of the problem with all these current codes? Ive also unplugged coil pack while engine was running and it didn't cause a change in idle. Not sure if the problem is causing all these simultaneously. Ive yet to experience driving a Jaguar before this and this cat has been limping since day one! I must fix this so I can get the full experience! please help! Thank you!

Old 01-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Stressing out won't fix your car and won't help you either.

The P0302, P0352 and P1314 are all caused by a misfire on cylinder 2.
Misfire, coil error and catalyst damage bank 2.

If you have a spare coil, try changing it to cylinder 2 (left coil on radiator side), spray the MAF contacts with contact cleaner and reconnect, clear codes, start it and see what codes return.

If you don't have a spare coil you can switch coils 2 and 4 (center on radiator side), but you'll have to remove the air filter. And see if the code moves to 4.

The misfire is causing the catalyst damage.