Sponsored by:

Tata the Top Bidder for Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tata the Top Bidder for Jaguar

This was in the news this morning:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/03/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

I'm not really up with the company's financials, so I don't know if this is old news or not.

-Happy

Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: Tata the Top Bidder for Jaguar

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  6.4 KB

OMFGG...............That can't be good for the brand[&:]

Jim

Old 01-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Bahahhaah, I own all of you now. Errr, rather my people.

Now your car will come brand new sealed with that curry freshness. MMMMMmmmm! Enjoy bishes!

Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was pretty much sealed up over 3 weeks ago. It was first reported over 2 months ago.

Jag is indian now. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

India has some great products, but I do not want a British car built for old world class owned and built by India.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I read a comment related to Ford buying Jag .It was like " Now, Lords toodrive a Ford " [:-]
In fact, nuttin is wrong w/Ford .I can't even think of what they will say if tata buy Jag [:-][:'(][&:]

Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: cadillac
I read a comment related to Ford buying Jag .It was like " Now, Lords toodrive a Ford " [:-]
In fact, nuttin is wrong w/Ford .I can't even think of what they will say if tata buy Jag [:-][:'(][&:]
Ohh Caddie me ole mate..............I'm sure there'll be jokes a plenty to put up with if you're still a Jag owner when that one goes thru!!!

Jim

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know I was very negative about them buying jaguar at first but I don't know I guess I changed my stance. If you think about it anyways the cars haven't been doing very well anyways perhaps they need another shake-up to rejuvenate things? I still think it is weird having a india company owning a british one it kind of takes away but as long as the jaguar name and symbol remain with its prestige like when you call a jag dealer they call it jagewarr of ------ this may not be a bad thing. But the second it turns into what a lot of things that have happened here in the states shame on them...I'm sick of trying to talk to customer service and end up talking to someone in India. That irritates me more than anything. We shall see what happens though! I wish I had $2 billion I would buy them in a heartbeat!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

That's what I'm glad that isn't happening...someone like quil that has 2 billion bucks and will buy jag and make it a Kia type of brand. LOL! Tata has plenty of money and I hope they understand that making Jag a marquee name again will take some investing...although they haven't been a marquee name for a while.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 37
Views: 34
Views: 49

I know what you mean about the marque Biggie.........but, we'll see.

Skoda had a very bad name for so many years, cheap nasty and unreliable, the jokes about them were everywhere. VW bought them ( A top marque remember ) and it took them a number of years and they turned it around. Not so many jokes about Skodas anymore, they're fast, relaible economical and cheap to run.
My point is though, that was a top marque buying a cheap n cheerful car manyfacturer investiong millions and over 5 - 7 years turned it around.
We are in a different situation, Ok, so TATA may have money and plenty of it, but its still a low end marque buying into the luxury end of the market.

Just throwing money at the problem won't solve it, not in my opinion anyway....time will tell I guess

Jim

Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member

As long as they don't change what it is jag will be fine if they change the marquee or the prestige things shall change. The problem is that look at the difference in the xf to all other current models. People either love or hate them and now that tata is coming in when will we actually see something they are producing? Who really knows when the first true example of what tata will do to the company in the product they are making? Only time will tell to me it sucks because they started a revolution with the xf and more than likely whether it be good or bad people won't pay attention to the fact that ford produced it not tata. Kind of like in the nfl or college football for instance. When a coach gets fired and a new one comes in the time to show who that new coach recruited takes a couple of years to see the results. Know what I'm saying?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: zerochills

Well, India used to be a British Colony so lets hope there are still British root's there!
Yeah lol!

Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 37
Views: 39
Views: 41

America used to be British colony and look what happened there
J/k guys j/k
keep yer panties on

Jim

Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah exactly look what happened! Now it seems like Ford is quite popular over that way doesn't it? Shoot they have a better name there than they do here! Jaguar has the same name everywhere which is generally not a good one! I love it though!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 30
Views: 29
Views: 35

Ford do very well over here Aquill.........got some great products and there's been a love affair with their RS versions and Cosworths on the older Sierras etc etc.....Even the Capri goin back a while now though..lol

Jim

Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish Jaguar would keep the X-Type or at least an compact luxury sport sedan because that's what brought me to Jaguar in the first place.

Hopefully, the X-Type, or their entry level sport sedan will take a hiatus, and TaTa will deliver a 3-Series competitor that'll generate some buzz. I'm still wondering whether Ford will keep a small stake in Rover & Jaguar.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what pissed me off. I given my 03 2.5 that stickered at $38k. There were like 2 jags on the road at the time and mostly German cars so I wanted to be unique. Then 04 came...and they were selling loaded 04 3.0's for like $28k!!!

Then I saw them EVERYWHEREEEE! That was one of the biggest discounts I'd ever seen. They weren't selling any of them here so they were giving them away for less than invoice for years!

You can't run a company like that and expect to make money...Hence the demise of the x-type.

But I'm Indian and I was surprised to hear a few days ago that TATA was buying Jaguar. And Indian people here are like obsesseed with Toyota, Honda, and Lexus for some reason. No other brown person I've seen so far has a Jag.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!!

Quick Reply: Tata the Top Bidder for Jaguar