X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those looking for Alcantara interior...

Old 10-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 61 Likes on 7 Posts
Default For those looking for Alcantara interior...

Hello all,

I needed an update to my xtype and decided to upgrade to the carbon fiber dash that came with the Alcantara upgrade package. From what I understand this package included c/f dashboard fascia, c/f console, and leather seats with suede inserts.

I called about 8 Jaguar dealers who all said they dont offer the c/f kits anymore. I finally got in touch with justin from roveractive. He found a kit straight from Jaguar, so it has the Jag warranty, and is currently in route to my house. His website is www.roveractive.com

I just wanted to throw this out there because I saw a few posts about people looking for this interior. Although I dont have any advise on the seats besides going to a local upholstery shop I thought this is a good start and a great way to freshen up the interior of the x-type.

Hope this helps some of you out. As soon as I get the product I will take pics and post them here.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

what was the price on the CF kit...i have the CF pillar post on the outside now

Old 10-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, please take pics for us!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:46 AM

The cost was just over 400 w shipping. A little high but I just really dont like the wood grain. Its not terrible but the CF makes it look so much "younger" and sporty.

No one in the US had the CF kit so they ordered it straight from the UK. The owner of the company has been emailing me updates as he gets them so their customer service is great!

It scheduled to come in next friday so I will be sure to get pics up when it comes in.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rhriczko
The cost was just over 400 w shipping. A little high but I just really dont like the wood grain. Its not terrible but the CF makes it look so much "younger" and sporty.

No one in the US had the CF kit so they ordered it straight from the UK. The owner of the company has been emailing me updates as he gets them so their customer service is great!

It scheduled to come in next friday so I will be sure to get pics up when it comes in.
Thanks for the update! looking forward to seeing what they're like

Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by rhriczko

Does that include the ashtray cover? I have the CF/alcanatara package, but my ashtray cover isn't CF. I think it might be because mine is a manual. See it on the automatics, but never on the manuals. Never sure why that was.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 PM

Come to think of it I have only seen it on automatics also. The price I paid only covered the dashboard fascia, the center console was available but a little extra.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will check this out looks good

Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 PM

I just got home from work and UPS had dropped off the package. The kit looks great!! Not sure if I can do this myself because of the airbag and all.

Ill take pics and upload them tomorrow. I love it already tho!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

they finally have a pic and price on their site now...hard to tell its taped up what about the shifter base and door trim what are you gonna do there....id love to have this in my 05 Sport but i just ordered the mina exhaust and front spoiler...maybe they will still have it next year ....post some pics when you can!

Last edited by gragner66; 12-02-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

$650 for just the two dash pieces?????????????

For that kind of money I'd expect it to at least be a complete kit: doors, dash panels, and center console.. Seems like a ripoff. Plus those of us without the sport package will have to swap out our wood grain steering wheel to a leather wrapped version, so this mod will add up even more.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
$650 for just the two dash pieces?????????????

For that kind of money I'd expect it to at least be a complete kit: doors, dash panels, and center console.. Seems like a ripoff. Plus those of us without the sport package will have to swap out our wood grain steering wheel to a leather wrapped version, so this mod will add up even more.
I think it looks great but completely agree with you on price.

My crashing moment on this whole thing came when I was reminded that the doors would need their pieces replaced too... otherwise it'll look weird.

Ugh... Too bad.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:06 PM

Sorry it took so long to reply. here are pics of the new dash fascia. I am saving up to have the dealership install it. Unless anyone knows how to take off the fascia here?? It doesnt look too hard but I really dont want to mess anything up.

Anyway here they are... Ill get pics up of the finished product hopefully before christmas.

if the pics dont show up heres the direct link...
http://flic.kr/p/93DaTF
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5731570...n/photostream/

Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM

Ok so after researching how to replace the Fascia, I came up with nothing. lol. I cant find any diagram or guide for replacement so I called the Jag dealer and have this scheduled for Friday morning. I will post pics of before and after Friday afternoon.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

It's not nearly as cool as the factory CF, but I spent about $155 shipped on the CF film ($40), OEM R-shift knob ($60) and Audi pedal covers ($55).

...in case someone is on the fence and looking for a viable alternative to the $650 price.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by exexpat
It's not nearly as cool as the factory CF, but I spent about $155 shipped on the CF film ($40), OEM R-shift knob ($60) and Audi pedal covers ($55).

...in case someone is on the fence and looking for a viable alternative to the $650 price.
dude you have the best x-type interior i ever seen.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by tzhyang
dude you have the best x-type interior i ever seen.
Thanks.

It was heavily inspired by Pimp My Ride, like the rest of my stuffs. [/threadjack]

Back on topic. The film is 3M di-noc and related thread is here:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ghlight=di-noc

Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 AM

I agree, Exexpat has the coolest X-type interior I've seen to date, as a matter of fact its one of the nicest x-types period.

I was thinking about wrapping my old dash fascia in CF after the new is installed and selling it on ebay or putting it up for sale here.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Banned
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

there is as X for sale on ebay right now with alcantara seats... looks nice, black, 3L sport.... perfect except for the bogus girlymatic...

EDIT:
just checked and the auction is ending in just over an hour, so seach the item number 220720129502 to find it...
also it has nav, and CF dash. overall a good car I think.... price only a teeny bit high, wonder why no bids?

Last edited by sport30; 01-12-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 AM

I saw that... I love those seats! I am seriously considering taking the car to my local upholstery shop and having the put the suede inserts in. Theres just something about it that says luxury but sporty. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For those looking for Alcantara interior...