Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tree fell on the JAG!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:40 PM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tree fell on the JAG!

5 am this morning a tree fell on the X-type. Wish it would have just totaled the damn thing, but no such luck. Will need work on the roof, hood, and windshield.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Tree fell on the JAG!

Sorry to hear that.
Maybe you can ask the Sheriff Deputy where he is going to get his front fender fixed after he peels his *** off of it.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

after he peels his *** off of it.
[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=lol.gif]

sorry about the cat getting stomped on, that tree branch probably would have fell right through the targa top of my Vette, so it coulda been worse

Old 04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

That's a bad luck sorry to hear that .Hope you get it fixed soon

Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I odnt recall anything today that would have caused that...where ya live at?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

kind of expect something like that happening when you park in a forest! LOL

Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Me thinks, one was getting freaky w/his girl in the park!!!

Man, that sucks, though. Post some day time pictures, too.

Yeah, so what is going on w/the sherrif's car in that picture? [>:]

Old 04-27-2008, 08:53 AM
one

If you don't file a report, you don't get insurance coverage.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 PM

Haha, your not a lucky guy are ya? Someone got what they deserve.......

Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 PM
one

ORIGINAL: jvegas

kind of expect something like that happening when you park in a forest! LOL
Well it's the low car on the totem pole, it gets the driveway. I don't look down on it or anything, but it's sole purpose was to be a winter car for up here on the mountain. There's no way in hell I'm pulling the Benz out of the garage for this thing.

The only thing that bugs me about the whole situation is that the car has been covered every night since I bought it and was 100% immaculate. Now it will have some body work done, but it will be done at Jag so it will be done right at least. Once they get done with it I'm going to go swap it out for either an '07 S-type or take it over to Mercedes and pick up a new SL600.

Haven't really decided yet. I'd really like to have a sedan and I've always liked the S-type. OTOH, I already have a Mercedes V-8 coupe so I'm not certain I need two of them..... even though the SL600 is a drool worthy car. They have one at the local Mercedes dealership that is identical to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

The price is actually better locally than that one, they only want $95k for the one locally. If I did that it would really put me near my budget and right now everything except the Jag is paid for. My payments would go up about $900 more a month, but my insurance would actually stay the same since I'd not only be replacing a car instead of adding another, but I'd be insuring two silver Mercedes coupes. There is something about silver that is an insurance break rather than red or black and having two silver cars insured would level out the difference. My Lexus is black and nearly as much as my Benz to insure!

I believe in the end I'll likely stick to the S-type just so I can have a sedan, everything else I have are sport coupes and the misses might end up needing a sedan since she is going back for her masters after a ten year break and her gal pals live close enough to car pool. It's summer time so I don't have to worry about finding another AWD snow sled for quite a while. I plan on getting rid of the Lexus this year, it's collecting dust and I think someone could give it a better home.

I figure Jag will have this one done by the end of next week and I can start flipping coins and making decisions.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: one

There's no way in hell I'm pulling the Benz out of the garage for this thing.
Sounds like you belong on the Benz forum! Some of us appreciate our X-Type (and have more room in our garage then for just one car....) so if you don't then maybe your presence here isn't necessary. This is an X-Type forum after all.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 PM
one

Hey troll, take a walk no one is talking to you.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Arden, no need to toss insults around, 'one' was only stating that the jag was down the list of priorities to the comfort of the garage space. Not once did he say anything negative about it, in fact, he complimented its AWD handling, otherwise, it wouldn't have been in his stable of obviously fine cars. And even if he did want to state a negative pinion about the car, he has all rights too as long as he is respectful to the forum which I feel he would be, based on his prior posts. This isn't solely the 'I love my jaguar' forums, after all. Sincerely, I hope you understand what I am trying to say, you sorta jumped right on him for what appeared to be no reason. He mentioned that he wants to keep a sedan, and even is considering the s-type; there's nothing wrong with that at all.

'One', easy on retaliating by name calling...we're not in gradeschool, though I miss the simpler times - recess, snacks and nap time.

Back on topic, I understand the value of the car may be unfortunately affected by the major body work you have to do, especially to the windshield frame. Hopefully, not too bad, and having the work completed by Jag will give credibility to the workmanship and allow you to trade it in without too much of a hit. It is unfortunate that Jag won't be keeping the superb winter driveability around with the x-type, but have you inquired about the XFs winter stability? Probably not up to par, but certainly is an option. We really need someone to test this new car out in the snow and report back.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  6.4 KB

Arden.....your comments are out of order on this topic.

One has always been a positive and regular poster on this forum. As h20 says he owns a Jag and has the right to have his opinion on the car. Sounds like he has a really nice collection going on there too and has the X for the AWD capabilities but it is not at the top of the tree in his stable, thats all.
As for the retaliation by one, undertstandable I guess under the circumstances. I for one know that I wouldn't be taking those sort of insults and turning the other cheeck!

Your comments about belonging to the benz forum and his presence here not being necessary are not welcome and unfounded.

One - sorry to hear about your misfortune with the X and hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction soon.

Any one in any doubt about what is and whats not acceptable, please feel free to read the rules.
Warnings it seems are not enough and unfortunately members will have to be removed if this continues

[sm=closed.gif]
Jim

Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to add...

Sorry to hear about that 'one'. I hate seeing damage...Make sure you get an str though if your going to get an s-type r...