X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update

Well, It's been a moment since I've got on and posted, and there have been a few things that have gone on in the short while. First off, my co-worker comes in from the parking lot and says "Justin, you're going to hate me." Uh-oh, "what's up?" I calmly reply. "I hit the Jag." "Well let's go take a look at it." When I see it after he apologized profusely, I say "Well, this is why they call them accidents, I know you didn't mean to and I know it will get fixed, no biggie." But in my head I'm thinking "#$*&%$#&#%@$#^%#@$$". He felt bad enough, no need to make it worse, but it did hurt to see her. The pictures make the damage look worse than it is. His insurance is taking care of it, but it is being a slow process. Damn. Then, last week end, my CEL starts flashing at me. BOOOOOOO. So I go into O'reilys and I check the codes, and I have a mis-fire in cylinders 3, and 4. . I purchase some fuell cleaner (oh, btw, it had gone into "limp home mode" as well), and proceeded to put that in and refil the tank because the tech there that I trust says that it might be as simple as some bad gas. Well because that is a cheap fix and I know how touchy these cars can be, I start there. Fill up, ran the car for a bit. No change. Ok, time to replace the spark plugs. Well, as it was Sunday, I could only do the front three, because I couldn't get the Intake Plenum Gasket set from the dealer until Monday. Well next day I got 3 new ignition coils, for the rear of the engine, moved the good ones from the back up front, replaced all the spark plugs, the entire gasket set (all 12). Then I replaced the fuel filter and filled up with some clean fuel from shell. Now, no CEL, Runs beautifully, and I feel much better. It was really fun delving into the engine, even though it was for reasons that I didn't like. Well that's it. Also, here is a picture of the Kitty in the snow, she likes to play!

Cheers to all!
JROCK

Attached Thumbnails Update-20141105_091137.jpg   Update-20141208_200502.jpg   Update-20141115_212051.jpg