X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE Jaguar 3.0 swap with Lincoln LS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default UPDATE Jaguar 3.0 swap with Lincoln LS!!!!!!!

Well i know there are at least a few of you waiting to see what happens with the swap, and would like to say its a SUCCESS!!!!!

Sorry guys no pics, as much as i love them too but my girlfriend hogs MY camera and she lives to far to make a special trip. lol

Im just finishing up and would also like to say it wasnt a days job. The original person made it seem a lot easier. Which dont get me wrong it is simply switching over parts but i ran into a few snags that was not mentioned. That being said i would be more than happy to guide anyone here as to what EXACTLY needs to be done and what to expect.

The single most pain in the *** was the water neck on both engines. The one in the valley between the heads, under the upper neck! There are two bolts holding it down but little to NO room to wrench it out. I pretty much mutilated my 10mm wrench. LOL. First using a torch to shape it, then reshape it, then cutting it in half. Then had to break the one off the LS do to having to take the heads off to get it off!! Screw that.

That pretty much being the most set back which isnt much. The rest was mainly cleaning the old parts to swap. Which i must say my engine was totally abused and neglected. Was a lot of burnt oil and burnt crud on the inside walls of everything. What i think happened is in one of the accidents it was in the oil pan was punctured and leaked the oil out and it kept running. The oil pan was welded on the bottom. Once i cracked mine open we found 3 bearings pretty much worn down to nothing. One bearing had completely vanished into small chunks and flakes and the rod totally shot. Crank was done for too.

So after cleaning up the timing chain cover, oil pan, valve cover and a few other odds and ends, she is lookin nice. The Lincoln LS engine is just flawless and looks like brand new. Its an 04 with 40000 miles and looks as if it was just rebuilt. Made me happy. Using everything possible from this engine as it has lower miles than mine.

Overall I would say to go this route...its highly recommended. And ill keep you posted on the rest of the install. The only problem i had with the engine take out was the two subframe bolts that go in the body panel spun themselves so i had to cut out the floor board. But worked well thanks to you guys!!!

Last edited by I <3 X-Type; 11-09-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

WOW first of all, nice work man and congrats on a successful build. My question is did you keep it awd or rear?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Pictures!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:08 PM

Disco...yes absolutely. The Lincoln LS is rear wheel drive but doesnt really matter. Its all the same block and just needs to be put in sideways.

Jaggy...dude trust me i would have loved to take pics but just been focusing on puttin it together as im borrowing a car. LOL. My gf has my camera but i could do a full write up for people. Its a must for us Jag owners due to so many of us creepin up on miles.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Oh alright, I understand. Congrats on the project though, and when you can definitely get some pics up for us!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Well I actually just finished puttin the oil pan and valve covers back on and swappin a lot of other stuff. Only thing left is accessories and pulleys...etc.

I do feel guilty not takin pics. Although I can take pics of what ive done so far and what needs to be swapped. Just tried to get it done, and really didnt think about a documentation.

All it is in a nut shell is stripping down the LS engine from valve cover to oil pan and puttin all yours on. The ONLY tricky part is the lower water neck mentioned and the cam swap for the water pump, only because if you mess up timing you are pretty much screwed. Honestly overall....it was pretty easy. I bought all new gaskets ( ones needed ) and fluids, obviously. So really just follow the engine pull FAQ and then do the swap. The engines are the same.