X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to by a used X-Type..HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to by a used X-Type..HELP

Hi, I am planning on buying an X-Type very soon. I am getting very annoyed looking around for the right one.

Basically I want a diesel. Preferably a 2.2 but I cannot afford it. My budget is £5500 but may stretch to £6000. So it will have to be a 2.0D. Read good reviews about the 2.0D, I know its not super fast but it'll do me and cost less on fuel and road tax.

Ive been looking at a few on Autotrader, the more common ones in my price range is Classic, SE or Sport. 2002-2004. 60,000 - 100,000 miles plus.

My wife likes the chrome and thinks the sport models are too plain. I am not too bothered actually as the SE has more specs, I love the all leather sports seats though... But SE is good enough, definetely not the CLASSICS. ideally I want a black, or the light sky blue like colour with cream or off white leather interior with dual cupholders, black or beige carpets and steering wheel controls. preferably sensors aswell. The 2003 ones have two cupholders but the old steering wheel. The 2004 ones have the cupholders and the new steering wheel. I am also planning to change the stock sterio, upgrade to a 2008 style mesh grill, fit on some 18's or 19s and install HIDs. I may also have to put on sensors depends if it has it or not.

I need it to have service history, MOT and would be better with TAX aswell.

Any advice guys..? I may have missed things out but would love to chat with some of you guys and see what you say

Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have read a few of your posts. You seem set on an X type. One thing I noticed you mentioned cheap in a few posts..... This car costs a few bucks to maintain it... The parts cost a few bucks as well. All years appear to have a few problems...

Maybe you should look at something else.

I have an old Ferrari 348 and looking over the bills from the last 2 yrs my X type cost me more to maintain then my so called CHOKE COUGH exotic... Just a few words for thoughts.

Mercedes makes some really nice 4 matic cars......

Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Striker, I know I mentioned cheap as in for the sensors and the sterio etc, however, I know that to maintain it, it can be very costly. My mate has one and just cos some sensors went he had to spend a lot of money. Its just I want to have everything as in the system, wheels etc within a certain budget right now and then for any problems that may occur will be a different story.