X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is climate control in jaguar? how do u set it up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what is climate control in jaguar? how do u set it up?

i have been too many posts, sorry guys i am learning this jaguar machinery

i tried to look in owner mannual, couldn't find it because i am an idiot, and also googled it but only found Global warming

so what that is? and how do u set it up?

and anyone know how to drain a/c coolant? any site would help!

thanks

Mike

Old 07-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Do you have navigation or not? Interface is a little different....

See if this link works for you: http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/extf...6040/index.htm

Why would you want to drain the A/C R134?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:37 AM

no i don't have touch screen, i saw lots of post of climate control with a/c lot so just wanted to get a ideal what's going on

reason i want to flush a/c because my a/c was only blowing cold when i get some speed, so i went to firestone and they said that it's overcharged,
now funny story is that he said it's overcharged so we have to flush it and then put a fresh correct amount of freon in it with color dye and then after two weeks we will be able to detect a leak and fix it

now i think it is bs because my a/c is been acting like that since i got a car(almost 3 weeks now) now a/c was only working then when i get some speed, so i put a half bottle freon in it now according to firestone technician it is overcharged and i still having same problem with cooling, and i recharged that three weeks ago if there was a leak, wouldn't be NOT overcharged by now??
so what should i go here? any if u know any link would be nice

Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Climate Control - Set the temperature display to whatever setting you like. Press the Auto button. The button will light up and Auto will be displayed on the screen. Now the system will heat or cool as needed to maintain your selected temperature.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member

Why would they want to wait 2 weeks to find the leak with dye? That is odd. You very well may have overcharged the system if it was already full, so that may be an issue. But if you only put in half a can and they say it is now overcharged, doesn't sound like you had a leak to begin with and your cooling problem is something else. The proper way to drain some R134 is with a machine designed for that task, so it can be done with some precision. Just venting to the atmosphere would not be the way to go.

Is there an automotive AC shop or independent foreign car mechanic near you? I've never been a fan of Firestone or most other chain garages for anything other than perhaps a set of tires and I really don't even like to use them for that.

Have you changed your cabin air filter or do you know if that has been done?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:33 AM

no i haven't changed my filter yet, but i am planning to do so

when i went to jaguar dealership and he told me that pullen filter and air filter are past due and u need to change it which i will do right away

i am going to call couple local shops and see if they can fix really cheap,

thanks

Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

That very well may be part of your problem and could be an easy and cheap fix. You can get a pollen (cabin air) filter online for around $20 - $25 shipped. Some auto parts stores also carry them or you could remove yours and take it in and try to match it up.

It's a simple job to swap it out, there are instructions for the job on this forum if you search.

A clogged filter could be restricting your cabin air flow.....

Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by maikal_0011
no i haven't changed my filter yet, but i am planning to do so

when i went to jaguar dealership and he told me that pullen filter and air filter are past due and u need to change it which i will do right away

i am going to call couple local shops and see if they can fix really cheap,

thanks
K<

Maikal

I know you're a student but if you're going to drive a Jag, the only option isn't trying to find a guy to do it on the cheap because 9 times out of 10 you get what you paid for. You are going to have to learn to do it yourself.

To replace the pollen filter is a bit of a biotch because you have to remove both wiper arms, remove the plastic facia then you have access to the filter and it's a cheap part usually.

How many miles on the car? Ive got about 60K and checked my filter and it's still clean. As far as your AC, when you turn the fan on full blast with the AC on (press the * looking button, it's a snowflake) what happens? Is it cold? Better yet turn your temp all the way down until it reads LO, then does it blow cold air? I'm talking when you're stopped. When you turn up the temp does it blow warmer air?

You might just be running old Freon (actually it's not freon but the new enviromentally friendly stuff) that doesn't work any more. Bite the bullet, take it to a place that does auto AC and get it flushed and new stuff added. Adding new to old just makes the older stuff a bitt newer. It's like thinking why get an oil change just because the oil is black, I'll just add a quart. You wouldn't do that so don't think you can add freon (or whatever it's called) and thinking that fixes the problem. I doubt you have a leek, what I bet is the last owner thought the same as you and added more. Do it again and you'll blow the compressor and then you're pooched.

Last edited by sidewalkman; 07-08-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM

first there is no blockade in air flow, i will still be changing it though

when i stop air flow is fine and it doesn't blow cold so i might get flushed and put a new one and see what happens and update here

thanks for your all help

Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

You actually don't HAVE to remove the wiper arms. It does give you more space to work with, but if you lift the hood, lift the wipers into the up position, you can lift the plastic firewall cover and reach your arm in there and swap the filter out. Takes 5 minutes.

I prefer this method because it is quicker and you don't have to mess with the wiper arms and risk boogering them up if they are stuck. Just be gentle with the plastic. If you have forearms like Brock Lesnar you might need to take off the cover.

If memory serves, the manual calls for a cabin air filter change every 30k miles, probably more often if you live in a dusty area.

Even if there is not a complete blockage, the filter can still result in decreased performance. I won't belabor the point though. Maikal if you run into trouble with this job just let us know and we'll walk you through. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM

thank you very much, i will get on it tomorrow and update you guys

maikal

Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
You actually don't HAVE to remove the wiper arms. It does give you more space to work with, but if you lift the hood, lift the wipers into the up position, you can lift the plastic firewall cover and reach your arm in there and swap the filter out. Takes 5 minutes.

I prefer this method because it is quicker and you don't have to mess with the wiper arms and risk boogering them up if they are stuck. Just be gentle with the plastic. If you have forearms like Brock Lesnar you might need to take off the cover.

If memory serves, the manual calls for a cabin air filter change every 30k miles, probably more often if you live in a dusty area.

Even if there is not a complete blockage, the filter can still result in decreased performance. I won't belabor the point though. Maikal if you run into trouble with this job just let us know and we'll walk you through. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
Ha, you are right of course, but when I tried that the last time there was no way my forearm was fitting through, actually the fitting through might have worked but once in there was no guarantee it was coming back out. Would have been like the kid with his head between the newels on a staircase.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:17 PM

k guys, i tried to remove the pullen filter but here is what happened

i took those 5 screw (whatever they r called) then i tried to lift a little bit but i couldn't get it raise high enough to get that filter out,

is there any other way i can take out pullen filter?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Ha, sidewalk you should have greased up that arm! LOL jk

maikal if you can't manage just buy pulling up, then you'll have to go the other route described by sidewalk - remove the wiper arms and remove that plastic shroud. That will give you the space you need.