X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what does this mean?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does this mean?

my car quit running, literally just stopped. drove it to work and tried to start it up at the end of the day and got nothing at all. these are the codes it threw=
P1637 Jaguar CAN Link ECM/ABS Control Module Circuit/Network
P1699 CAN Link ECM/Climate Control Module
P0629 Generic: Fuel Pump Control Circuit High
P1000 Jaguar: OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete
P1643 Jaguar: CAN Link Engine Control Module/Transmission Controle Module Cirvuit/Network

if you have any possible remedies please let me know.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,924 Likes on 3,223 Posts

tdjc, from the looks of things, when you got out of the car, do you remember your foot getting caught on anything (ie, dash or something in that area)? Based on the codes, you are looking at the CAN Bus wiring has been pulled out of a module (thinking it got pulled out of the radio). This would cause the car to loose communication between the instrument cluster, the ECM, radio, and TCM.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

What if the fuel pump safety shutoff switch in the front bumper was activated, such as when someone bumps your car in a parking lot? Are these the type of codes that would appear?

Tom

Old 12-10-2013, 08:45 PM

before i get any further into this i wana clear something up so you guys dont leave me hangin here in the dark. this car, a 2005 jag xtype, is my brothers car in germany. i live in oregon, so you can see how this could get confusing. being that this is a bit more of a problem that i first thought i figured i ot to tell ya the back story.,........

like i said he drove it to work and when he got back in it, it wouldnt start. all the dash lights turn on but thats it. he took it to a shop and the guy said he fixed it but when he got in it, it didnt start yet again. so the echanic, if you wana call him that, sprayed something into to fuse slot and put the fuses back in and it started right back up but when he got home and tried to start it again, nothin. sense then my brother has canged the starter swtch with no luck of it running. i had him hook it up to a scan tool, and the previous codes are what we got. any advise would be very helpfull, ill be forwarding him the convo so that we can see this as well.

Last edited by tdjc2013; 12-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,924 Likes on 3,223 Posts

tdjc, from the sounds of things, it may be that he has a clip in the fuse box that has been damaged and what is happening is the fuse is not making good connection and it is causing the computer to not power up like it should, making the car think the computer is dead (suffering an internal failure). Ask your brother what fuse the mechanic played with and I will then take that info and see what I can find out.

It is sounding like it can potentially be something as simple as getting a small screw driver and exercising the clips a little bit to make them grip the fuse a little better.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:57 PM

im going to have him do what the mechanic did but with one fuse at a time to fine the problem circuit. then go from there.....

Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

You won't get those codes from a tripped inertia switch. (E.g. it's not even on the CAN bus.)