Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type Show Car for Baer Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts
Default X-Type Show Car for Baer Brakes

I came across this today. I think it looks stunning, especially with that custom aero package, although I am not sure I like the little fairings on the front air dam. Definitely one of a kind. Nice alcantara interior pieces as well. I wonder what it will sell for. Would be interesting to see how well it stops. That brake system would not be cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5948&viewitem=

Old 06-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

WTF, wow, i saw a few pics ont he interent, but this is insane, it says 19k, but the engine wow, i have no words.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

I like the looks of the car. I always wondered what the X would look like with the side marker lights gone. Granted, I think the mesh screens need to be painted black, not left the chrome. I think that would put the final touch on that car.

Granted, one part of that car that makes me wonder what they were thinking was how they mounted the aftermarket intake. The filter is set into the bottom half of the factory air box. WTF? So you are sucking a little bit of hotter air when you are driving down the highway, but for a show car, looks is as important as function and having an intake that pulls from the underhood "hot" air on my truck, I haven't seen any loss in performance.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member

I was thinking the same about the airbox.

What else I noticed is that the Borlas have longer tips than the stock Borla mufflers offered for the X. I wonder if that is just a different tip or maybe they actually had a one off exhaust fabbed for this car.

Also, I'm not 100% certain, but I think the carbon fiber/alcantara package was first offered in 2005 and this is a 2004 car. If so, lot of interior work had to be done.

It also looked like it might have been lowered. Any way you look at it, a LOT of work and money went into this.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member

yeah agreed, and yeah im wondering about that air intake, i've heard of some really crappy ones, but this is just a messed up setup though, but the car looks amazing fromt he outside. I'd like to have those kind of exhaust tips on my car too, it would look badass

Old 06-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With those brakes im sure you wouldn't have any problem stopping on a dime.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When I put a BORLA system on my cat, I got those tips...you can special order them..in round or oval. The oval looks better, and fits the cutouts perfectly. I don't know if iot is mental, but with a K&N intake, and Borla exit..it just seems to run better and smother.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sharp! Too bad they didn't have one of these on display at launch, the tuner crowd might have drooled all over it (driving up sales).

I agree black grills versus the chrome or maybe a combo of muted chrome/black??
A must should have been a small Jaguar head badge, small, should have been left on the front grill as per the stock grill.

On the "boot", I would have painted or decaled, maybe in black or a slightly different shade of red, the Jaguar text lettering.

Exhaust tips are a tad too long for my liking, an inch or two shorter.
Interiour red trim would have been a nice bright cherry wood finish.

Somehow put Jag badges on the rim centers too.

Last edited by PositiveG; 06-28-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah i kinda liket hsoe exhaust tips, they stick out and give it a old jag/ muscle car look, i can't stand tuner looks, does anybody have the website for this exhaust. And yeah i agree if they had released this at launch the car would be in much better shape today, with more aftermarket parts. Too bad, that say artist work is worth more when there dead, this could be said about this car too. Once people see it, they may get into it.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
Yeah i kinda liket hsoe exhaust tips, they stick out and give it a old jag/ muscle car look, i can't stand tuner looks, does anybody have the website for this exhaust.
Yes Disco you can get them here http://www.minagallery.com/jagxp/Xtype_Exhaust_page.htm

I'm kind of on the fence with this Jag. Definitely needs an emblem on the front and the name highlighted some how on the back. Nice brakes, but not too fond of the red paint job. Looks like a cheap maaco paint job IMHO.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a hot look for your x-type do a search for the X-type spirit edition. Looks like this :

Attached Thumbnails X-Type Show Car for Baer Brakes-2005-jaguar-x-type-spirit-limited-edition-fa-1024x768.jpg   X-Type Show Car for Baer Brakes-2005-jaguar-x-type-spirit-limited-edition-s-1024x768.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

Looks like it's a 2.5 liter with the sports package. Would much rather have a 3.0 Sport with the 18" Aruba wheels

Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member

I did a little surfing and came up with something interesting about this car. Seems that bac in Novemebr of 2004 JAGUAR teamed up with Bonspeed to make this concept car for the SEMA show to demonstrate the tuner possibilities of the X. Here is a link to a site that explains everything that is one the car. Quite a list. I wonder whatever happened to that initiative from Jaguar. Maybe too many transfer cases blew up. What could have been.............

Weird how the car currently up for auction has different seats, wheels and gear shift knob, stereo and intake than when it originally came out. Interesting....
http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pages/t...pe_concept.htm

Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

indeed, and ray i looked at the site, if u youtube it, some brolas ont he car sond tunner, and others sound musle, i'd like it to stick out farther fromt he car.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:34 AM

For the rear jaguar across the top of the number plate I've seen apost somewhere before where the guy had a chrome strip and filled the letters with PVA glue. Then he painted it. Once it was painted and laquered he peeled the glue out leaving chrome lettering across the bar. Looked really good, time consuming but really good! I think that is what this car needs!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I largely avoid such exterior packages for fear of spoiling the car but if I happened to buy an X that exterior body kit would be the way to go

Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 AM

The front looks like a big old plastic Dodge to me. While the side and rear profile looks good, I think the x-types strengtht are its classic looks. What good is it to promise performance, but then get smoked off the line by a stock maxima? LOL, thats just me though. I can only hope that this car had major engine work and or a supercharger or something added to boost power. Otherwise, I cant see the point.

I drive my car in a relaxed state and enjoy its comforts and good looks. I leave the sports car stuff to the folks with real performance cars. Am I wrong?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

I can't stand the color, im not sure about you guys but, jag and bright colors don't really mix, i guess if its a chicks car it dosen't matter.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Good call stu
I like darker colors over light ones as well

Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

true that, i was walking in the mall today, and i saw a brigt red x type, witht he chrome, its hideous, i like the darker stuff aswell. It like painting you house really bright red, are u trying to be a giant sop sign or something.

Quick Reply: X-Type Show Car for Baer Brakes