Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XJR Shark Vents and Better Pics of the CarPC Jag

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts
Default XJR Shark Vents and Better Pics of the CarPC Jag

I saw this shark vent thing in person and I had to try it for the first time on an X-Type:

Wasn't sure at first, but I like it and it is as aggressive looking as hell from the rear sides (especially given how dainty the car appears in OEM form )
Here are some better pics of the exterior. Used my HTC S740 - not bad for a phone, but I do have a real camera and lenses...

Old 03-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I like it, if you fix that little gap itll be perfect.... This turned out to be a sexy idea.

This is sick:

Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

That's very nice modify and worth every second for that

Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Boy, I looked at those pictures a bunch of times and I'm not sure I think it's an improvement. To me it just looks like there is not enough room for it between the wheel arch and the door. Plus, with the horizontal molding in the middle of the door it sort of cuts that line off. Just doesn't look integrated enough. I might change my opinion if I saw it in person though. Not meant as a criticism, just doesn't work for me. Always good to see anyone trying to do something different to our cars.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Yea, if u fix the little gap, then it would look abit cleaner.

What kinda of exhaust set up are u running, i like the big pipes ont he back.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Damnit I need to get my front lip from Mina already

Old 03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
Damnit I need to get my front lip from Mina already
Since you aren't doing skirts and rear...

small tip: you can kick out the lower fronts of the factory side skirts to almost match the appearance of the lower-hanging front spoiler. I just had to remove the frontmost plastic fastener tuck the fender liner between the fastener tab on the body and the skirt. It nearly matches and makes the front of the side skirt come down about 1/2"

Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm on the fence. At first I was not a fan...but after a few more looks they are growing on me. I love the XJR and the rest of your car is sharp, so maybe I do like them after all.

But hey, as long as YOU like them, that's all that matters! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

I love what you've done with your car, but I have to agree that this is too much. especially in your color. If you insisted on having it, it would need to be molded to the fender, and possibly trim the bottom part of it so it follows the wheel arch line.

George

Old 03-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trendsetter.

I was thinking of doing a vinyl roof in gloss black, I know it's usually a BMW thing but it'd make the X look sportier.

those vents would look great with a 2008 EU grill, that's the setup I was going to go for, + eyelids, and roof spoiler painted body color.

your only downfall is that this is a silver car, mine is burgundy/CGC so it's going to look amazing with all of the added body parts and those same painted wheels. *thumbs up*

Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by everlena
trendsetter.

I was thinking of doing a vinyl roof in gloss black, I know it's usually a BMW thing but it'd make the X look sportier.

those vents would look great with a 2008 EU grill, that's the setup I was going to go for, + eyelids, and roof spoiler painted body color.

your only downfall is that this is a silver car, mine is burgundy/CGC so it's going to look amazing with all of the added body parts and those same painted wheels. *thumbs up*
Roof idea sounds good if executed well. I like the silver and have owned burgundy (my car looks better dirty or with swirls or paintchips... trust me)

I think I will stick with this grille though. If the new one had a vertical bar in the middle, I would entertain it, but I actually prefer my grille as-is. Everybody runs out and buys mesh, so I'll be different by keeping it OEM.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by androulakis
I love what you've done with your car, but I have to agree that this is too much. especially in your color. If you insisted on having it, it would need to be molded to the fender, and possibly trim the bottom part of it so it follows the wheel arch line.

George
I'll insist on keeping it, if that is ok with you, George. I've also fixed the gap.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM

I mean you could never do another mod to it and you would still have one of the better X-Types. I'm content with your car (lol).

In Tx I may see the mesh grill here or a colored surround there but I've never ever see the 2008. roof idea should work as long as I don't get matte black vinyl having already taken into account the sunroof is GLOSS black.

was going to look into having the side moldings removed for a cleaner finish as well, I just went outside and saw that they aren't molded on so it shouldn't be anything a body shop can't handle.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by everlena
I mean you could never do another mod to it and you would still have one of the better X-Types. I'm content with your car (lol).
Thanks. Do you have pics of your car in current form?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by exexpat
I'll insist on keeping it, if that is ok with you, George. I've also fixed the gap.

Hey, it's all good. It's definitely unique.

I love your car, and I think the black roof idea would really hit the spot. How are those vents attached? D/S tape or did you have to drill into the fenders?

George

Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Hey, it's all good. It's definitely unique.

I love your car, and I think the black roof idea would really hit the spot. How are those vents attached? D/S tape or did you have to drill into the fenders?

George
3M molding tape and black silicone on the outer edge to acheieve a consistent color/bead around the outer perimeter. They aren't going anywhere and it is reversible (no holes).

Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 PM

I wonder what my car would look like with the chrome ones off an XF...........

Last edited by ufoz8mycow; 03-16-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:24 PM

I'm not too much into mods, but this is looking quite sexy I have to say!

Old 03-16-2010, 04:51 PM

I have pictures of it covered in 7-9 inches of snow on my fiance's USB-camera . . . thing.

I bought a used Alpine MRP-1000, two 10'' subwoofers and had them docked in a custom enclosure. I'll make a thread when they get installed.

I'm a male by the way, this is just my fiance's email. she was also walking around in background distance when I registered so she served as a quick user name.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good, good job.

Quick Reply: XJR Shark Vents and Better Pics of the CarPC Jag