Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xtype again

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default xtype again

I'm losing my mind here.
For over a year I've been trying to find the demon spirit in this car.
2003 Xtype 2.5 gas
Same cruise not available, same codes for oxygen sensors and cylinder misfire.... Same hesitation and bucking......
Have changed all the coils, plugs, gaskets,maf sensor, throttle body, vacuum hoses....
Everything it seems everyone days try I've tried but limited, shirt ten success.
example........I just went and got my blood drained at jaguar for the three coils for the front(had replaced rear).......took car for ride and ran perfect.
Next day my wife called and said its acting up again 😠
The demon woke up during the night and broke something again.
Please...... To save my sanity help me out with this.
Thanks in advance 😊

Old 10-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

You mention no codes. If you do not have a code reader, a parts store will read them for free. Get the codes and list the actual code here. If they haven't been cleared in a while some could be from previous problems, but it's a place to start. If you have an android device a bluetooth elm327 module and the torque pro app will serve you well to read and clear codes to see what comes back.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 286 Likes on 234 Posts

Just spitballing:

Check the electrical connector to the front, bottom of the throttle body. It becomes brittle with heat & age, causing an intermittent connection. With all the work performed on your cat, that connector may be compromised.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

+1 on that DW mine is pretty much dust. There is enough to keep the wires apart but it occasionally comes loose and creates the same problems. Haven't found a replacement at the wrecking yards yet.