X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XType CERTIFIED - Lemon Bayback WTF????

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: XType CERTIFIED - Lemon Bayback WTF????

A few questions please. First off, who is the dealer? Second, did you not pull a carfax on it yourself before you bought it? And third, why not just trade/sell it back to the dealer? Surely thay will take it, since they sold it to you. Talk to the owner of the dealership if necessary and tell him your story and see what he has to say. Just an idea.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

While I did not get my car from there I do have it serviced there, and I shopped there for a used Jag before I purchased mine from Texas Cars Direct. I found Millenium to be overpriced and pushy on the sales side. As for service, they seem competent but I think they are on the high side with their charges.

Having said that, I am not sure if they were obligatedto say anything about the car when they sold it. If they checked it out and gave you the Jaguar certified warranty, then maybe they did all they needed to do. You could have gotten the CarFax report of course, and I am surprised they didn't offer you one. I thought most dealers did now. I got a used Jeep for my daughter from Huffines in Plano and they did. And Texas Auto Direct gives you one up front without asking for it. You didn't say how long you have owned the car and if it has given you any problems. If not, then I guess they fixed whatever the issues were. The warranty of course is transferrable, but I guess the other dealer still considers it a lemon and is afraid he will be stuck with it. Probably your only recourse now, if you want to trade cars, is to do so with Millenium or another Jag dealer. You may also want to see what Texas Cars Direct will do with you, as they will take trade ins. I don't know how they would feel about it. If you can get Millenium to buy it back I doubt they will give you more than the book trade in value, which might not be what you want to get for it.

Good luck. Let us know what they tell you.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaguars have problems....in your case theyre telling you the car has problems.[sm=headbang.gif]

Jaguar (or shouldI say jim coleman)bought back my old X because of it being a lemon a few months ago. It was certified also, and the car was aP.O.S.I got all of my money back... butI had to use a lawyer

Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

From what I know of most lemon laws, this X-Type probably would have been returned quite early in it's life after what, 3 of the same customer issues/complaints. It could very well have been adequately repaired to be part of the CPO program and if you have had minimal issues, you may want your dealer or even Jag.USA to provide you with documentation on why it was "lemonized" and what was done to get it to CPO standard. It doesn't necessarily mean it was a huge issue but just a reapt issue, does it? I know it shouldn't be your hassle and time consumed but it may get you a few more bucks if you have something to show that adds to the CarFax report.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Please PM me the last six of vin.