X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xtype interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xtype interior

i recently bought a used 2002 x-type......the wood around my shifter and ash tray does not match the wood on my dash.....i was hoping to replace ALL OF IT with the black marble looking interior pieces.....anyone know where i could find that?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Default RE: xtype interior

Try ebay. I know they have kits for other cars - Ford Taurus, etc. Good luck.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have seen people remove and paint them (gray or black) and it looks good. I like the wood. If you want to spend some real money maybe put carbon fiber in it's place!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I found a bird's eye maple kit on ebay about 3 years ago. I was a custom order that the customer ended up not buying. It came with pieces for the HVAC/radio, hazard button area, all the door window switches, around the cupholder, rear ashtray, overhead console, around the headlight switch, and around the little grille for the cabin air sensor. I think I paid around $175.....but I believe the original kit was around $400. Matches my OEM wood very well. Came from a shop in Texas I think...can't remember the name.....dang....

Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

I did a Jeep in "simulated" carbon fiber with a kit from these folks. Kit was decent enough and needed absolutely no trimming. They have a good selection of materials from real burl (or so they say) to simulated. Have a look.

http://www.lgtautomotive.com/p1022/J...duct_info.html

Old 01-15-2009, 01:49 AM

the trim kits are nice but i mean i want the actual jaguar dash pieces like from the dealer without playing dealer prices.......anyone of any parts out of a crashed i could look into or no a good place to get stuff like that

Old 01-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i have been trying for ages to get a kit for my x type in "charcoal champaign" (2004)both in this country (UK) and the states but i am told that they either dont do them in RHD or that they cant get the colour i need so i have given up on it and to my knowledge i think i have tried e'm all hope you have more luck than i have.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: mohrd

I did a Jeep in "simulated" carbon fiber with a kit from these folks. Kit was decent enough and needed absolutely no trimming. They have a good selection of materials from real burl (or so they say) to simulated. Have a look.

http://www.lgtautomotive.com/p1022/J...duct_info.html
Many thanks for this link I have contacted these people for a kit for my x type and so far they have been most obliging and very quick responding, aparently they only do left hand drive kits, but i cant see that - that is a problem as i see it its only the steeing wheel thats on the left hand side , the kit looks like it will fit left or right hand modelsits just that the door control parts need flipping over!! what do others think, i will keep everyone posted on my findings.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not sure why it would matter if it was LH or RH drive?

Joey - why do your pieces not match?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM

the dash parts that fit the control panals in the doors are diferent as the curved bit is the oposite way for left.and rh.cars but thats the ony diference that i can see
ORIGINAL: Chris X

Old 01-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: ferret

the dash parts that fit the control panals in the doors are diferent as the curved bit is the oposite way for left.and rh.cars but thats the ony diference that i can see
ORIGINAL: Chris X

I guess that would make sense since you would have a slightly different switch layout from driver's side to passenger side. Heck, I'd just leave them off or maybe trim them up.

I gotta say, having the wood trim all around the HVAC and radio controls really makes a huge difference in the interior looks of the car. Why Jaguar determined that a big slab of black plastic looked good, I don't know.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 PM

i'm guessing that since i bought the car through an auction the dealership putting it through just put wahtever parts they could find.....the wood on the dash is lighter wood and the one around the shifter and the shift knob itself are darker like u find in most of the jags with tan interior i believe? but they don't match eachother.....honestly either way i was looking for the black marble look that u can find in some of the 04 and 05 xtypes i believe its like a black marble look instead of the wood its really nice