X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xtype literally drinking diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xtype literally drinking diesel

Lately I can't seem to keep diesel in my car. I change both thermostats and water pump myself about a month ago so the engine temperature is always just at the middle.
I do get some white smoke on start up and a smell of diesel but it goes after a minute.
Any ideas?
Would an ECU flash help or get the injectors recalibrated ?

Old 03-27-2019, 03:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

any check engine light? I suggest getting an iCarsoft i930 JLR obd2 reader to check statuses and codes off of your vehicle either way, will save you loads of money in the long run if you plan on keeping the car for a while, even if not the resale value for the readers is high

Old 03-28-2019, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by JaguArvid
any check engine light? I suggest getting an iCarsoft i930 JLR obd2 reader to check statuses and codes off of your vehicle either way, will save you loads of money in the long run if you plan on keeping the car for a while, even if not the resale value for the readers is high
I have a check engine light but that's just for the egr valve, I plugged in a diagnostic and it said something about a high voltage circuit for the egr.
It's been fully blanked off because if I don't blank it the car just chuckles and doesn't go past 2000rpm.
I think the wiring for the egr connector must be loose.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Farrell
I have a check engine light but that's just for the egr valve, I plugged in a diagnostic and it said something about a high voltage circuit for the egr.
It's been fully blanked off because if I don't blank it the car just chuckles and doesn't go past 2000rpm.
I think the wiring for the egr connector must be loose.
an egr valve for example being stuck open can surely cause your car to cough and not respond as well as you want, probably have it be more thirsty too. you should definitely check it out.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by JaguArvid
an egr valve for example being stuck open can surely cause your car to cough and not respond as well as you want, probably have it be more thirsty too. you should definitely check it out.
i have it blanked off tho but the wire and vacuum line are still connected, ill remove the the wire connection and see if that helps.

what i just noticed is that on the dash when it tells you how much millage you have in your tank it is reading too high.
for example i let my car go low on diesel and i put 40 worth of fuel into her so that gives me roughly 240 miles, but the dash was reading 410 miles which is completely wrong