XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

825 W Meridian Sound System Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 12:42 PM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 825 W Meridian Sound System Options

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what the following buttons do in the audio settings?

Meridian, Dolby Pro Logic, DTS?

I do hear some difference when I click each one, but I'm not sure what they do, which style you prefer and so on.

If any expert can chime in

Attached Thumbnails 825 W Meridian Sound System Options-20170519_201731_hdr.jpg  
Old 05-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I think it is down to personal preference and what kind of music you listen to. The Meridian, Dolby etc buttons are options for digitally processing the audio before it gets to the speakers. The Stereo setting would in theory have no digital processing.

The intent of the processing is to enhance the stereo field, making it more like surround sound as opposed to the sound just coming from the left/right of your head. You may perceive the sound as being 'bigger' or 'wider' than you would expect based on how close the speakers in the vehicle actually are to each other.

You can read some more about Dolby's version of it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_...y_Pro_Logic_II

The following users liked this post:
KC- (05-23-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Agreed. It is always good to test it on some music from which you can feel the sounds move from speaker to speaker. Trot out an old Dire Straits recording - Money for Nothing or Telegraph Road are perfect for testing, or maybe "High Roller" by Crystal Method. You wont want "stereo", it will be between Meridian and Dolby IMO.

I find the 825W Meridian the best system I've had in a Jag by far, for my preferred music. My only complaint is that the volume increments are too big to get the volume perfect.

The B & W system that I had in the first XF and the XKR was dreadful for most music I like, but good for acoustic style.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I find the 825W Meridian the best system I've had in a Jag by far, for my preferred music.
Same here.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM
KC-

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Agreed. It is always good to test it on some music from which you can feel the sounds move from speaker to speaker. Trot out an old Dire Straits recording - Money for Nothing or Telegraph Road are perfect for testing, or maybe "High Roller" by Crystal Method. You wont want "stereo", it will be between Meridian and Dolby IMO.

I find the 825W Meridian the best system I've had in a Jag by far, for my preferred music. My only complaint is that the volume increments are too big to get the volume perfect.

The B & W system that I had in the first XF and the XKR was dreadful for most music I like, but good for acoustic style.

It is a very good system for sure! I listen to a lot of electronic/edm music and also rock music at times. I have found that the Meridian button makes it sound more surround sound like compared to the others. I'll have to do a long-term test with each setting and see which I like better

Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 AM
KC-
Default Max Volume

Anyone know why my car won't let me max out the volume? It goes up until 48 and there still seems to be a portion of the volume bar left.

Any one else see that?