XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

No Media Player...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts
Default No Media Player...

So, after reading about how this car can rip CD's and import USB I figured I'd give it a go...

Connect my USB hard drive, select Media Player and nothing... Doesn't see the drive. Press eject on CD player, nothing happens. I figure, "let me at least try ripping a CD". Put in my favorite Clash CD and nothing... Media player says no media. Press eject on the CD and nothing happens again, but I get an error message which escapes me...

CD is stuck... Will try a 2nd USB and see if that works. Have appointment with local dealership to straighten this out.

I am also unable to increase the volume of the front/rears sensors and NAV voice...

Old 01-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Do you use a same USB port that's inside the armrest compartment?

If so, I would recommend formatting the HDD as FAT32 (you will see that in formatting options if you are using a Windows OS). It might be formatted as NTFS by default and Jaguar system will not detect that.

I use USB Flash drive as my media player and after formatting it properly, it works well. The system sees all the folders, artists, and songs that I have ripped on USB Drive

As for the CD, my car does not have a CD changer thus I'm not sure how to resolve your issue.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I tried everything to rip music also and mine never worked. Dealer says it won't work until they apply some big update.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member

The media player kind of is working now. Was able to rip a CD, but it did not copy over title/artist/song and give no indication when the CD is complete unless you try to eject and get a prompt.

Formatting to FAT isn't going to work as you can't (as far as I know) just format back to FAT from NTFS; the other way is supported.

Will have to check my drive to see how it is formatted...

Old 01-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

Dropped car off at the dealer today. Service writer thought some or most of my issues could be solved with software update.

Some other issues I have:
- Maine is default search state in Nav
- Seat heat should be automatic if freezing out (not sure if that is a fix or not)
- Nav and sensor voice/tones are too low and can't raise them
- Dialog box for account info in Nav keeps popping up (don't want that)

Old 01-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
- Dialog box for account info in Nav keeps popping up (don't want that)
yes... this is so annoying to me as well.

as for raising the sat nav voice, you need to move the volume knob up while he/she is actually speaking directions and it should increase.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by alphakinase
yes... this is so annoying to me as well.

as for raising the sat nav voice, you need to move the volume knob up while he/she is actually speaking directions and it should increase.
It's not increasing in volume when I do that, nor do I want the music blasting that loud so I can hear the voice when it comes up. Never had an issue with voice on my other JLR cars...

Old 01-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Changing the sat nav voice level should not affect the volume of the radio or other music source.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by booklaw1
Changing the sat nav voice level should not affect the volume of the radio or other music source.
That's the whole point. I can't increase the Nav volume whether I increase the radio volume or not. I don't see the screens I have read that is suppose to adjust it. Will be interesting to see what the dealer says...

When I ripped a CD, the artist info did not get populated; that is another issue along with knowing when the rip is complete on the screen...

Old 01-12-2017, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member

So, the dealer thinks my issues are all software related. They also said Jaguar has a "recall" where a new steering wheel piece is needed for "telemetry" display and I will need to bring my car back for that...

That being said...

They had my car 3 full days at the Jaguar Sudbury dealership, no loaner car... They deliver the car to me filthy and with low windshield washer fluid warning. I had to use my own fluid and was over a gallon and still not completely filled.

So much for new Jaguar customers getting an even average dealership experience when servicing a car. When I owned a Honda, the dealer would wash it and have a loan car for me if was a whole day; never mind 3 days... They didn't even tell me when I dropped the car off that it would be more than a day. I would've rescheduled...

Every time I go that dealership or the Rolls/Bentley, Lambo dealer next door (just browsing)... I keep hearing how Herb Chambers has 50+ dealerships and customer service is a big deal... 50 dealerships and you can't get me a loaner or get me rental? Service writer implied I should rent my own car...

Jaguar is one of their fanciest marques. The owner's son manages the place and they can't get me a rental or loaner??? They did drive the car to my house (7 miles away) to drop it off last night, FWIW at 7:00 PM.

I haven't had a chance to see if things are fixed. Had to wash the car myself this morning. Not sure how to set the light load tire threshold now. I don't want it alerting that I am below the normal load threshold. I had it set before for light load.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

So, the dealer thinks my issues are all software related. They also said Jaguar has a "recall" where a new steering wheel piece is needed for "telemetry" display and I will need to bring my car back for that...

That being said...

They had my car 3 full days at the Jaguar Sudbury dealership, no loaner car... They deliver the car to me filthy and with low windshield washer fluid warning. I had to use my own fluid and was over a gallon and still not completely filled.

So much for new Jaguar customers getting an even average dealership experience when servicing a car. When I owned a Honda, the dealer would wash it and have a loan car for me if was a whole day; never mind 3 days... They didn't even tell me when I dropped the car off that it would be more than a day. I would've rescheduled...

Every time I go that dealership or the Rolls/Bentley, Lambo dealer next door (just browsing)... I keep hearing how Herb Chambers has 50+ dealerships and customer service is a big deal... 50 dealerships and you can't get me a loaner or get me rental? Service writer implied I should rent my own car...

Jaguar is one of their fanciest marques. The owner's son manages the place and they can't get me a rental or loaner??? They did drive the car to my house (7 miles away) to drop it off last night, FWIW at 7:00 PM.

I haven't had a chance to see if things are fixed. Had to wash the car myself this morning. Not sure how to set the light load tire threshold now. I don't want it alerting that I am below the normal load threshold. I had it set before for light load.
Agree. I hate bringing my car in for service too.
They never vacuum it or wash it. I always have to make an appointment 2 weeks in advance to get a loaner otherwise no chance of getting one. They do not pick or drop off cars in Brookline/Allston area. Their shuttles only go for 5 miles. The service adviser always seems like being in a huge rush, not having enough time to listen to what concerns I have about the car.

They refused my 1st oil change at 7K miles telling me "this is a new car, you can drive 15K miles without an oil change". They are as cheap as it gets. Even the pastries they offer at reception are always old.

The problem is that Norwood is even worse. My friend had a horrible experience with them when he had F-Type R. I've not tried Peabody but I would expect it to be just as bad.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

Woburn Jaguar was great. The service manager John use to be on this forum.

Where did he and his crew end up?

When I had my XK, I called Sudbury Jaguar to schedule service twice and they never even called me back. One service was over 1K, that Woburn Jag did for $900 with a loaner car!!!

Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That being said...

That's terrible. My Jaguar dealership gave me a loaner same day and washed my car. They also have snacks, coffee and drinks

I honestly would expect nothing less than that and would go to another Jaguar dealer if there is one.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by KC-
I honestly would expect nothing less than that and would go to another Jaguar dealer if there is one.
8 miles vs. 30 miles in suburban traffic? It's a tough call. No guarantee on better service at other JLR dealers. I haven't heard anyone rave about any MA JLR dealership service department.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:24 PM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

8 miles vs. 30 miles in suburban traffic? It's a tough call. No guarantee on better service at other JLR dealers. I haven't heard anyone rave about any MA JLR dealership service department.
I have a dealer 3 minutes away from my house (it's a Jaguar/Land Rover), that wanted me to wait over a week for a loaner, and one about 10 miles away from me that gave me a loaner the same day (Jaguar only, same dealer I bought my car from).

They're very pleasant to deal with, returned my calls quickly and are very courteous. They also installed my metal pedal caps

The one close to my house never bothered to call me back, I had to call them twice to find out they had no loaner available.

Good thing there are 5 Jaguar dealers in the Chicagoland area.

And I will happily drive more to a dealer with better service who get the job done right the first time.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

I've found Norwood to be very good. Have you tried them?

Old 05-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BritCars
I've found Norwood to be very good. Have you tried them?
Never. Just the one near my house in Sudbury or Woburn when they were around. Went once to Lee Jaguar and that was mistake. I believe that evolved to be Jaguar Sudbury.
Where did the Woburn Jaguar mechanics end up? I want to go with them, lol... Previous Jags were out of warranty and usually went to Samuel's in Brighton.

Next service requirement I will weight what is being done and decide where to go.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Formatting to FAT isn't going to work as you can't (as far as I know) just format back to FAT from NTFS
Formatting back to FAT (or FAT32) from NTFS is fully supported. Always has been.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tai4de2
Formatting back to FAT (or FAT32) from NTFS is fully supported. Always has been.
You'll lose the data though.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
Agree. I hate bringing my car in for service too.
They never vacuum it or wash it. I always have to make an appointment 2 weeks in advance to get a loaner otherwise no chance of getting one. They do not pick or drop off cars in Brookline/Allston area. Their shuttles only go for 5 miles. The service adviser always seems like being in a huge rush, not having enough time to listen to what concerns I have about the car.

They refused my 1st oil change at 7K miles telling me "this is a new car, you can drive 15K miles without an oil change". They are as cheap as it gets. Even the pastries they offer at reception are always old.

The problem is that Norwood is even worse. My friend had a horrible experience with them when he had F-Type R. I've not tried Peabody but I would expect it to be just as bad.
Yeh the dealers always trying to go cheap , I live in a desert area and replacing the air filter very often is a must here , I am still arguing with them trying to get them to replace it early .